Angled Head (goose neck) flashlight?

KittenKat

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've posted. I am currently trying to find an angled neck flashlight to replace my old Military goose neck with red filter, I want constant current if possible, 3+ levels of brightness, and for the hard part I need it to have a red filter. I use it a lot at night when setting up photography shots and don't want to make it blatantly obvious that I'm messing around with stuff in the middle of the night and not so much with preserving night vision.I am hoping to find something in the 50-60 dollar range and I'm not completely opposed to soldering in a new emitter in a donor that's easy to disassemble however that would be less than ideal.

Bicycleflyer

Enlightened
Streamlight "Sidewinder", fits the bill....

Another small angled light is Energizer's Tactical Romeo. Has only one level of brightness (47 lms)

I just bought a Rofus JR20..Impressive light, but I am not sure if a red filter is available.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Maybe this one would work. It's a Black & Decker (actually Rayovac) LED Pocket Flex. Adjustable head, red and green secondary LEDs with a 20 lumen main beam. Also has a pocket clip. Switching goes red-green-main-off. Red is bright enough for close range (less than 10 feet), green for a bit more. Runs on 2 AAA's. Not bad for less than $10 at Wally World.

SAM_1821.jpg

Geoff

KittenKat

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, those are some solid contenders. I am looking at that Rofis JR20 with possibly taking it apart and swapping the emitter out for a red XP-G, however with time being short an money being tight that black and decker is a solid contender for the short term solution. But I'm still open to suggestions.

Bicycleflyer

Enlightened
If you're seriously interested in the Rofus, you could buy some of that photography film that acts as a filter and sticks to the lense.

May I ask why you're interested in a bent-neck flashlight and not a good headlamp. Many headlamps have all the features you're looking for including secondary red-LEDs.

KittenKat

Newly Enlightened
I've had a few headlamps that had white an Red LEDs on them. Sadly they broke quite quickly and were not as bright as I had wished for, I kind of think it'd be a nifty project to do an emitter swap when I have some cash.