anyone used one of these bison aa xenon lights?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I think the Pelican Super SabreLite (3C) is one of the best looking flashlights around.
I've been very pleased with my StrealthLites (4AA) so I bought the Super SabreLite hoping that it wouldn't be like the ProLite (4C) which was a huge disappointment.

I was not that disappointed by the Super SabreLite. I think it's the best "normal" [traditional] sized light that I have. I wish it was as bright as the M4 or M6 but I realise this is unrealistic. I also expect it to have a TailCap switch! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I have the yellow version. I've yet to actually use it but I'm sure it's time will come (and it's alks will have leaked by then damn them!)

Al

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
haha
it sounded like an awesome light.
and i had to go for the highest candlepower rating in the series of xenon laser spots..

i can't wait to get it

mahoney

Enlightened
I've had one of the Bison 2AA lights. While the focusing beam feature is not without beam "artifacts" and an eventual "black hole", it is FAR FAR superior to what you can get out of a typical 2AA maglite. I didn't EDC it much because I didn't care for the rubber coated body and the fact that it was a bit bigger in diameter than the 2AA maglite, but that was just personal preference that had nothing to do with how the light functioned. It's a great light for the money.

stephenanderson2

Newly Enlightened
I had a super sabre lite and a stealth light rechargeable till someone stole them at work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif The ssl was the best out of the both of them as far as being reliable. Itwas the brightest light I had seen at the time. I work in the snow, and waterproof was a must! That they both are! and a good drop won't phase them either. I have one on order to replace the stolen ssl, so you know I find it worth the money! My new m6 is brighter, but not as woterproof, and the spot is nowhere near as tight! All in all enjoy the ssl! It's great! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

freewheelin'

Enlightened
I gave my dad a SSL 2 years ago and he loved it, it was brighter than his 7.2 v makita. He now carries an E2and a Scorpion simply because they both fit in one pocket. The SSL is a great, bright and very rugged light for the money.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
good.. i wasn't keeping my fingers crossed with it being as bright as a g2.. is there another light you could roughly compare it to tho?

i'd like an e2 and a scorpion.. but i've gotta hold off on those until i scrounge some more money into the flashlight account..
and i tend to prefer c size lights anyway for some unknown reason

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
that'd suit me just right!

well, i'm finally outta questions.. haha

thanks for all the help!

nothing like reasons to buy new lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you saying that the Super Saberlight is dimmer than a G2 and only as bright at the E1??? My Super Saberlight was very bright. Noticeably dimmer than a Streamlight Stinger, but brighter than the 6P's I've seen. It's a very tight spot of light, not nearly as much side spill as a G2/6P.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Super Saber was one of my first "big time" lights I got about 15 years ago. It was ok, but I never liked the twist switch, and I filed off part of the retaining mechanism so that I would not need two hands just to get it off my belt.

The Stealthlight 4AA is my "walk in the rain" light. Much more compact - really tight penetraiting beam - accepts lithium batteries - and now has an aftermarket cell-phone type belt clip on it. I purchased about six as gifts.

Oh yeah - ONE HANDED switch, with lanyard and lock-out key. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif