Anyone Watch "24" Tonight?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

On tonight's "24" Jack used a Surefire M6. The beam didn't seem very bright.

Yeah, I'm watching "24" right now. First time I've seen an M6 on TV. I coudn't tell until Kiefer Sutherland held it up near his head. I'd sure like to have one! It was bright enough against the trees and to light the stairway he was walking down.

It appeared to me that he was using the lower output lamp. If he was using the higher output one, then it's a good thing he got caught when he did - he only had about another 5 minutes of runtime left.
smile.gif

Don't you know, on TV there are no runtime limitations or empty magazines.
tongue.gif
SFs run for hours and cops never change their mags. Ohh, and I nearly forgot: switching the SF on makes a clicking sound.
confused.gif
confused.gif

Yeah i saw it! When they were walking across the field and the other agent had it the light appeared to be brighter. Man the M6 is a great light it is just limited by the runtime which is ashame.

What one was that then? We`re only up to 6AM here in the UK (it`s on sunday nights, BBC2 at 10pm for those here who`ve not seen it yet). Just want to know so`s I can keep my eye open. Don`t tell us what else happens, please! It`ll spoil it for all of us Brits
grin.gif
(unless there`s more Premium-Surefire sightings?)

M6 trivia: If any SciFi geeks here have ever seen the oddball show Farscape, they have used M6s in that occasionally. And Maxabeams too, but don`t get me started on those.....mmmmm
rolleyes.gif

tongue.gif

It was in the first 15 minutes of the 7pm-8pm episode. Opening scene is the sun dipping below the horizon. I said to my wife, "Time for them to get the flashlights out!"
smile.gif

A galpal viewer wrote to ask me what kind of lights those were on the M-16s/HK Submachine guns. You've got to love a show that introduces regular Joes AND Jills to Microtech knives and Surefire lights.

There are now a surprising number of Jack-infatuated women who know what a Microtech HALO is, what a Ghillie Suit is, where to get Air-Tasers, Surefires, and why we would want a Heckler and Koch.

I say 'Thank you, Jack Bauer, for loosening up the pursestrings!'
wink.gif

I was trying to identify the weapon lights, but didn't get a good enough look at them (and can't say that I know those lights very well anyway). But I couldn't miss that M6, since I just recently got one myself.
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by texascarl:
A galpal viewer wrote to ask me what kind of lights those were on the M-16s/HK Submachine guns. You've got to love a show that introduces regular Joes AND Jills to Microtech knives and Surefire lights.

There are now a surprising number of Jack-infatuated women who know what a Microtech HALO is, what a Ghillie Suit is, where to get Air-Tasers, Surefires, and why we would want a Heckler and Koch.

I say 'Thank you, Jack Bauer, for loosening up the pursestrings!'
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Texascarl, you almost say that like it was a bad thing.
wink.gif
grin.gif

It was a fun show to watch. When he was in the compound, though, WTH happened to the M6? If I had one I'd be damn sure to find out what happened to it. Hell, they gave him his gun back.
confused.gif

Heck, when the supervisor handed it to him and left, I thought, "Must not be his personal light!"
smile.gif

My guess is that after it was dropped, the batteries ran dead and he's waiting for cheapbatteries.com to ship some 123A's in. /GRIN

Allow me to clarify. Anytime the distaff side actually sees the value of better lights, high tech gadgetry and higher rates of fire, it's a win. Put me down as one of Jack's biggest fans just because he's opening doors. Thousands of gun safe doors, or briefcases and glove boxes, to be exact.

Go Kiefer! Next week, show off a 45/70 Marlin Guide Gun. We could use some Serbian Grizzly Bear infiltration into a suburban neighborhood, because I need a better explanation for the family accountant.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by texascarl:
... Go Kiefer! Next week, show off a 45/70 Marlin Guide Gun. We could use some Serbian Grizzly Bear infiltration into a suburban neighborhood, because I need a better explanation for the family accountant.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's gonna be a tough sell. How many Siberian Grizzlies do you see in KC?
grin.gif
grin.gif

My wife, who silently suffers through my hobbies, looked at me while we were watching and asked, "That flashlight looks like the same color as your flashlights. Are they made by the same company?"

There's hope yet, at least until a couple of the vintage flashlights I bought show up.
grin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> How many Siberian Grizzlies do you see in KC?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the problem, I can't justify the gun and that's why I need help from Kiefer. This week he needs to find a way to show off the advantages of a well made handy, lightweight bigbore carbine.

And if he can save the day using a Randall knife and an E2, that would help me out a lot.

He's helped us on the M6, now we need him to have a bad guy knock a light out of his hands, so he can deftly pull ANOTHER Surefire (e2e, M2, something like that) out of a pocket and save the day.

Thus justifying to my wife why I not only carry a flashlight, but more than ONE flashlight.

You never know when you're going to have a *really* bad day.

Jack needs:

Studio prop foam rubber SF B1 "The Beast", and soon. Christmas is just around the corner. I must begin the pressure.

A Casull .454 in a shoulder rig, for hands free operation. He may need that carbine when he gets older.
grin.gif

The "24" show with the M6 was a very pleasant surprise. A much longer and clearer sighting than all those short glimpses of the various weapon mounted systems and small handhelds previously offered from Hollywood/TV.

.02/Walt

Jack's having "the longest day of his life". Who says one of us won't?

Ya know, gang, Jack's been using the hell out of that GPS setup he's got. Surely one of can convince the better half what a handy gadget that would be?

Agreed that Jack needs to find some use for a big-bore carbine. Maybe knocking out the engine of an onrushing car? That would qualify, wouldn't it?

I think it would be a fantastic wrap-up on the last episode if Jack and his family and CTU people kick back and relax drinking margaritas mixed in a two stroke gasoline engine powered blender. No way the wife could argue with that!
grin.gif

tailgaitorblender.jpg

One day I've got to get one of those.
smile.gif