Arc AAA---or not?

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a tap which will fix that binding. Send me the tubes that don't work, and I'll run the tap thru 'em.

Doug.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the threads were changed awhile back. On the production line we would match them up but I just mailed you off a handfull as quickly as possible. Sorry they don't match up. Looks like you have some people interested in your find work. Why don't I send you 6 more head/bodies that match each other? These will be no charge as before but I do want 1 unit total for myself. Don't tell anybody I am sending these to you because I don't want anyone to think I am a softy and then ask for the same treatment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Besides, special requests is easier for my frazzled mind to mess up.

Peter

LED_ASAP

Enlightened
Mmmm, now I have too many cases but not enough LS's to fill them in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif Could anyone point me to a good source of emitters? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the comparitive brightness between the standard Arc AAA and the new LS AAA. Although I know the sandwich should be brighter, how about the LS AAA vs a BB or MM sandwich. What about run-time?

-Jason

LED_ASAP

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
flownosaj said:
What's the comparitive brightness between the standard Arc AAA and the new LS AAA. Although I know the sandwich should be brighter, how about the LS AAA vs a BB or MM sandwich. What about run-time?

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a beam comparism between Arc AAA and the LS mod. The LS mod is brighter over-all, but lacks the focused hot spot. It is more for close-up jobs. The color is much better than the bluish white of a typical Nichia, and you won't see any irregular colored dots in the beam.

As for BB/MM, they are in two totally different catagories. One is driven by two AA's at 500+ mA, one is driven by a single AAA at about 350mA. The difference in driving current and brightness level is quite large.

Run time should be comparable to the original Arc AAA, as their battery draw is similar.