* Arc-LS (Q3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

d'mo

Enlightened
Peter,

Just curious; When the new LS is released, will the current style be obsolete, or will you continue to manufacture and sell them?

Thanks!
d'mo

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gransee:
It will be gradually discontinued. We will keep units on hand for warranty issues.

Peter
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will there be parts interchangability between the older version and the newer one?

Aloha

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
When you say 'new LS' are you just talking about high domes, EOS and regulation schemes or is the rest of the light going to be radically changed in some way.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Gransee, been a long time since I pestered you. I was looking at the pic`s above and must ask what a Q3 is? The pic looks like it has a black center...like those Russion telescopes the gather light real well. Whats up with that? Side emitter test sample/prototype? Just the angle of the pic?

Ken

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenB:
Hi Gransee, been a long time since I pestered you. I was looking at the pic`s above and must ask what a Q3 is? The pic looks like it has a black center...like those Russion telescopes the gather light real well. Whats up with that? Side emitter?

Ken
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Q3 = Third quarter of the year
smile.gif

d'mo

Enlightened
Great! Now that that's out of the way, will you be offering the new model "head only" like you were with the current model? How about with a purchaser-selected case? It's a pitty have so many good battery cases being unused.

Again, Many Thanks!

d'mo

Enlightened
Peter,

The last thing I wan to do is mess up your plan! You've done well by me so far.

By the way.... What plan?

wink.gif

d'mo

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gransee:
The parts will be interchangeable.
Peter
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whew, like the photos from another thread appear to show, I like the idea of the tailcap switch, but not at the expense of size. At least I know I'll be able to use the battery packs from previously purchased LSs on the new animal to keep it as small as possible.
cool.gif
Peter, is this correct?

Thanks in Advance!

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
You know... the plan to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!
grin.gif

Rumor has it he is going to block out the sun from space and everyone on earth will be dependant upon ARC lights to see!, better stock up now
smile.gif

It's just like how ARC Flashlight Co. came to be! :

"And the Lord spoke to Peter and said, "In six months I'm going to make it dark until the whole Earth is covered in darkness and all the evil people are destroyed. But I want to save a few good people, and two of every kind of living thing on the planet. I am commanding you to build an ARC." And in a flash of lightning, He delivered the specifications for an ARC AAA."
grin.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, could be Gransee did not read my post...could be a super secret...area 54 type thing..."there is no picture at the begining of this thread". But for the moment I will simply ask the question again...is that a side emitter? If there is no answer I will assume it is. And that you just don`t like us enough to say so
frown.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
smile.gif

Ken

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey KenB,

The picture at the top of the thread comes from IC-LEDs web page with pictures of his Arc-LS second so it can not be a side emitter.

Check out the link in the third post above. He offered to let Gransee use the photos and thus the photos at the top of this thread. *Edit* Also check out Gransee's post on same subject (eighth post of the thread).

Sorry for the bad news,
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.