Arc4x Runtime Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

cy

Flashaholic
TIN,

I figured what my problem was after reading your charts. High output only occurs with fresh cells, lasting aprox. 5 minutes in ARC4X.

Now I see the output difference. Not so much in hotspot brightness, but in total output.

The beam tint is indentical to my X3T, to me very slightly yellow. The ARC4X output is simular to the X3T in that it puts out a lot of light, but the hot spot is not as intense as other high end lights (L1-PR-T 917 TWOJ.

I've looked at the lux closely and cannot tell if it's a 1 watt or 3 watt. (it's not a 5 watt) Peter sure can keep a secret and still has not fessed up.

According to an earlier post by Peter, there are only 5 ARC4X made.

Thanks again for offering this,
CY

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cy said:According to an earlier post by Peter, there are only 5 ARC4X made.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that somebody (sorry, forgot the name) won one in a raffle and got it in July.

Besides that, did anybody try it with a rechargeable CR123 cell?
Does it change anything?

RayT

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PeLu said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that somebody (sorry, forgot the name) won one in a raffle and got it in July.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the one that won the Arc4x in the drawing and I have not yet received the product. I have communicated with Peter and I have opted to wait for the Rev3 version of the product rather than get a Rev2 now. My understanding is the that Arc4x is a rare beast and is the result of finding a particularly good LED to suit the product. Even after the Rev3 is being shipped I may still have to wait a month or so until that LED that excels appears.

I have not yet decided if I will auction the light or if I will keep the light. I need to see and fondle the light before making my decision.

I anxiously await the arrival of the light.

cy

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Hoghead said:
If I remember correctly Peter said the ARC4x did not use Lux3s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hogshead, I can't find that anywhere....

finding a lux for ARC4X sounds like finding a U bin from several reels of TWOJ's by output, as described by ARC mania for his superlights.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
cy,

I'm pretty sure that Peter said that there were no Lux3s in the ARC4x. I have one of the original 4 and I've read pretty much everything about the ARC4x.

I'll do a search. Check back here and I'll edit this post if I can find it.

EDIT: I'm having trouble with the link. Search for post # 492889 02/27/04 05:20 PM Gransee

cy

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
Some of the Arc4 Premiums, standards and seconds have Lux IIIs in them. They are in the minority compared to the Lux Is. No Lux III has been good enough to make it into a Arc4x though.

And yes, I have tried T rank IIIs and no, they didn't make the cut. Here we go..

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Hogshead, I found it. Looks like ARC4X's lux is a one watt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

cy

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
PeLu said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides that, did anybody try it with a rechargeable CR123 cell?
Does it change anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been running ARC4X on R123's for about a week now. It's the only way to go.

Have not done any runtime tests yet, but bright is way longer than 10 minutes on std 123's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts