Armytek China?

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
After all these posts about Armytek, I decided to take my Predator Pro out to test it. Worked fine for about 10 minutes, then suddenly died...AGAIN! Emailed the company about warranty service, as it is still under their 10-year warranty. This is the second Predator Pro failure I've had. For anyone thinking about purchasing an Armytek product consider what you will have to go through in the event you need warranty service. Here are the hoops I'm jumping through so far;

They sent me a warranty form to fill out and instructed me to upload a video of the flashlight. (File can't be over 16mb).

Provided instructions to unscrew the tail cap and check the contacts. Install a fresh battery. Use a metal object to close the circuit between the battery and flashlight body to see if it was the tail cap that was the issue.

Upload the original purchase receipt. After doing all of this, they sent me the following instructions for sending the light back to China;

Please, read this massage attentively as in case if return instructions are not fully followed, the product may not be replaced or repaired.

Please, send only your flashlight (with the body, tailcap and head) (without the box, the battery and the accessories) to the following address: Factory Address: Attn. 梁顺贤 - Liang Shun Xian, Mob: +8618927255006,

四会市东城街道黄岗居委会商业大道东1号东基智创新城C3-39栋

BUILDING C3-39,DONGJI ZHI CHUANG XIN CHENG,EAST No. 1 COMMERCIAL AVENUE HUANGGANG COMMUNITY DONGCHENG STREET, SIHUI CITY Zip code:526238. You need to pay for the delivery to China. Please, send by the cheapest way (by post office) and contact me after sending (please, inform me about a tracking number so I could track the route of a parcel). Write your name, surname, phone number and email, the flashlight problem and put it into the box. Please, state your phone number on the box if customs need to contact you.

I'm not even sure how to read that address, let alone fill out the customs form with it. The cheapest option to send it is First Class Package Intl. Service, which will cost over $30.00. This for a light I originally paid $67.00 for. And they have the balls to call this a "hassle-free" warranty, LMFAO.

Last edited:

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
I have that light as well, a good blend of output and throw with the XP G2 comparing well to more modern offerings 👍

And the very first post in that blog is from someone with a broken Predator Pro requesting help.

chaosdsm

Enlightened
Tried their Doberman Pro a few years ago, worked great for about 6 months then it started messing up. Don't even know where it is now, I may have even recycled it for the aluminum.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
They made a strategically correct decision to establish their factory in China in 2009.'
I am not sure of they ever made Lights Outside of China.
Starting in 2009 with an own factory in China does not mean, that the lighs were made before in USA, Canada, EU. That could also mean that the production was done by a OEM factory with the specifications done by Armytek.

What happened to make them move production to China and how do you find an earlier model of their lights? Where were they originally produced at?
Armytek is the big secret in the flashlight area. When they went in Business the address was in Canada. If you check that address you see it is a nice area with detached houses.
Now the HQ is in Germany - Berlin. If you check out the address again it is more a residential area than some industial area.

The question for me would be more where are the Lights designed and prototyped, ... there are so mich unanswered questions.

Last edited:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
And the very first post in that blog is from someone with a broken Predator Pro requesting help.

Yup but that's the Predator Pro xhp35, not the older XP-G2 I have... all manufacturers have product failures but where they stand apart is the customer service & warranty (y)

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
Yup but that's the Predator Pro xhp35, not the older XP-G2 I have... all manufacturers have product failures but where they stand apart is the customer service & warranty (y)
And this is where Armytek stands with their so-called "hassle-free" warranty;

Fill out the online form describing the problem and upload a video of the flashlight. (must be less than 16MB. About 3 seconds).
Follow their detailed instructions to trouble shoot problems.
Upload the original receipt.
Pay half the original cost of the flashlight to ship it to China.
Wait for their arbitrary decision on what they are going to do.

And all this for a product they were well aware had serious problems and massive failures (my second one). Yeah, they stand apart, alright. 👎🏻
Just curious, have you ever actually used their "customer service" or "hassle-free warranty"?

Last edited:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious, have you ever actually used their "customer service" or "hassle-free warranty"?

I understand you're more than disappointed with Armytek, I simply stated I liked how their XP-G2 Predator performed, it was purchased pre-owned and came with a Nitecore 18650 so I was quite happy with the deal, it works so I have no reason to interact with their warranty service.

My good experience does not detract from your poor ordeal and visa versa 👍

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
I understand you're more than disappointed with Armytek, I simply stated I liked how their XP-G2 Predator performed, it was purchased pre-owned and came with a Nitecore 18650 so I was quite happy with the deal, it works so I have no reason to interact with their warranty service.

My good experience does not detract from your poor ordeal and visa versa 👍
If I understood your original post, you were implying Armytek was one of those mfgs. who stood apart with their customer service and warranty. That's why I asked about your experience with them. Since you had no experience interacting with their warranty service, why even mention it?

OTOH, I am indeed having a very poor experience with Armytek honoring their "hassle-free" warranty. Going on three weeks now, after sending the flashlight back and over thirty dollars later, I have yet to hear back from them. Now I'm just waiting to hear how they never received it, and it was lost in the mail.

Last edited:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I understood your original post, you were implying Armytek was one of those mfgs. who stood apart with their customer service and warranty. That's why I asked about your experience with them. Since you had no experience interacting with their warranty service, why even mention it?

Implied no... that is how you interpreted what I said, I was referring to ALL manufacturers can have product failures but where THEY (as in all manufacturers) stand apart is customer service.

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
Implied no... that is how you interpreted what I said, I was referring to ALL manufacturers can have product failures but where THEY (as in all manufacturers) stand apart is customer service.
Sure, and water is wet! The failures of the Predators are numerous and nearly legendary. Armytek knowingly shipped defective lights, and they are trying to sweep it all under the rug by making it as difficult as possible to get warranty service. As someone who has first-hand experience, I am informing others they happen to be one of the companies who do not stand by their warranty.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure, and water is wet! The failures of the Predators are numerous and nearly legendary. Armytek knowingly shipped defective lights, and they are trying to sweep it all under the rug by making it as difficult as possible to get warranty service. As someone who has first-hand experience, I am informing others they happen to be one of the companies who do not stand by their warranty.

Well of course water is wet, would you expect otherwise?

Good customer service sets ANY business apart from competitors, that is why business "goodwill" and "brand recognition" are so valuable, hate on Armytek all you want...

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
Well of course water is wet, would you expect otherwise?

Good customer service sets ANY business apart from competitors, that is why business "goodwill" and "brand recognition" are so valuable, hate on Armytek all you want...
And obviously, good customer service sets any business apart. Something that Armytek sorely lacks. You're just stating the obvious.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
And obviously, good customer service sets any business apart. Something that Armytek sorely lacks. You're just stating the obvious.
Sometimes stating the obvious is the only way others comprehend 😋

Your grievance is with Armytek, just because I have a working well used example doesn't mean I am the "public face" of the Company, poor experiences will lead to a market response and subsequent decline in sales as reputation suffers.

Last edited:

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
Sometimes stating the obvious is the only way others comprehend 😋

Your grievance is with Armytek, just because I have a working well used example doesn't mean I am the "public face" of the Company, poor experiences will lead to a market response and subsequent decline in sales as reputation suffers.
Just like stating that water is wet, huh? No comprehension necessary.🤪

I'm sure there are plenty of good working examples of their flashlights. However, the company knowingly produced and sold numerous defective flashlights, misrepresented where they were made and is deliberately making it difficult to obtain warranty service. People who never needed or chose not to use their "10-year hassle-free warranty" would never know about their reputation. A company can continue to lie and deceive unless someone calls them out on it.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Not sure how a product for sale in Europe equates to it being decent. Lots of questionable products are sold worldwide.
Hate to say it, maybe those European retailers realized they got tricked; and are trying to off-load (dump) them as fast as possible to unsuspecting consumers. Just a possibility.