Battery confusion!

Faynard

Newly Enlightened
I will say that there is indeed a wealth of information to be found here, which surely could answer my questions. I have read much of it, but I am still confused! I do understand the safety issues of li-ion rechargables (no overcharging, make sure it's a decent charger, all that stuff) and that they have a higher voltage than comparably-sized 'alkaleaks' (usually meaning higher output).

The lights I have are the following: Incendio V3 (upgrade kit incoming), an ultrafire with M60, and a preon revo. I was thinking about getting rechargables definitely for the lumapower, but I'm unsure about the rest. The preon revo I know is not designed for the higher voltage, but I've heard people say it can handle it with care, much like I've read for the ITP keychain lights. Is this true, or should I stick with L92's for the revo?

I was just going to go through AWs thread, and get a charger, a couple of 18650s (123x2 sized, for the M60 and upgraded Incendio) a couple of RCR123s, and perhaps a 10440 for the revo. Is this the right way to go for me? For example, what is this: IMR 16340? I think they are 123 sized, but do they have higher voltages, more protection circuitry, do they need a different charger?

TLDR version

Lights: Incendio V3 with upgrade kit, preon revo, M60 in surefire L2 host.

Unsure of light/battery compatibility, and differences between Li-ion/IMR/protected/unprotected. Please advise on batteries/charger combo from http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...pped-from-USA*

Thanks for your time, and Merry Christmas!lovecpf

Faynard

Newly Enlightened
I will say that there is indeed a wealth of information to be found here, which surely could answer my questions. I have read much of it, but I am still confused! I do understand the safety issues of li-ion rechargables (no overcharging, make sure it's a decent charger, all that stuff) and that they have a higher voltage than comparably-sized 'alkaleaks' (usually meaning higher output).

The lights I have are the following: Incendio V3 (upgrade kit incoming), an ultrafire with M60, and a preon revo. I was thinking about getting rechargables definitely for the lumapower, but I'm unsure about the rest. The preon revo I know is not designed for the higher voltage, but I've heard people say it can handle it with care, much like I've read for the ITP keychain lights. Is this true, or should I stick with L92's for the revo?

I was just going to go through AWs thread, and get a charger, a couple of 18650s (123x2 sized, for the M60 and upgraded Incendio) a couple of RCR123s, and perhaps a 10440 for the revo. Is this the right way to go for me? For example, what is this: IMR 16340? I think they are 123 sized, but do they have higher voltages, more protection circuitry, do they need a different charger?

TLDR version

Lights: Incendio V3 with upgrade kit, preon revo, M60 in surefire L2 host.

Unsure of light/battery compatibility, and differences between Li-ion/IMR/protected/unprotected. Please advise on batteries/charger combo from http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...pped-from-USA*

Thanks for your time, and Merry Christmas!lovecpf