Best light for long range shooting

Simomacca

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. This is my first post on this forum. I am seeking advice on which light would be my best option for long range shooting at night( out to 300 meters ). I want the most powerful beam I can get out to that range with a little bit of spill light. I have done a bit of searching and have come up with a couple of possibles. I am keen on a wolf eyes seal or a maelstrom (can't remember the model) I have a budget of around that $250 mark and light has to be scope mountable and have a run time on max power of around an hour . Any recommendation would be appreciated thanks

TheVat26

Enlightened
A good alternative would be the Streamlight Super Tac or Super Tac X. Find each for $70 or less.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
'IF' you are willing to stretch your $250 limit to $300 the Thrunite TN31mb is a special modified TN31 with EXTREME throw! Much less spill than TN31 XM-L2 but much more throw

DTF

Enlightened
For long range night shooting, what you really want is a high powered aspherical flashlight. Deerelight Night Master is one. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?138-OMG-Lumens-OneStopThrowShop has upgraded versions.

What I like is an aspherical with a red emitter. That way, you preserve you night vision while still throwing a focused beam (square) hundreds of yards down field. What I don't light about the large reflector lights is that they throw a wide pattern of light that reflects back off trees, etc and it is difficult to really see the critters.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the black bullet built by a member on here. It's similar to the DEFT but built for cheaper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Blitzwing

Enlightened
Check out the Dereelight Night Master and Xsearcher lights for rifle mounting. Long range spot throwers. Get a floodier light to use in your hand as a spotter / scouting light.

Last edited:

MotoCam

Newly Enlightened
I have the TN31 and it performs very well. I like the rotating mode selector as well. As far as I know there is not a mount available for it but you could easily fabricate one.