Best prices for CR123 batteries in Australia ?

andyz

Newly Enlightened
Hi to all, I am new to this forum although ive been lurking for a while due to an interest in LEDs for a small project of mine. I just purchased a Surefire E1E-HA with the KL1 Head included from Ebay (its on its way and im very exited) so it looks like i will be looking for cheap batts as well, im a sparkie so i use my torch every day and at the moment its a Streamlight Stinger Rechargeable mounted on the dash of my van, nice bright torch but every time i drop it hot im up for a new lamp, the KL1 LED should be just perfect (exept for the battery costs) and i will keep it clipped on my tool belt. Newbie question #1, What is IGA?, I live in Rowville so Bentleigh is straight down Wellington Rd for me, if they are still available i will fly over there and grab a few. Nice forums and Thanks in advance.

zumlin

Enlightened
IGA is Independent Grocers of Australia, i think it would be cheaper to order them from the internet even with the shipping included.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahhh.... a few new Oz CPFers surfacing. Welcome andyz and zumlin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kevin Tan

Enlightened
You can buy a double pack of 123's in 2cr5. I have discovered that if you are wiliing to buy by the box the mom and pop shops selling camera batteries is willing to order for you with at least 45% savings. The cheapest 123 that I can get in camera shops is AUS$3.40 @ RM2.20 to AUS$1.00 . But this is if I buy by the box. I got the Panasonic type with best if used by date of 2012.

batterystation

Enlightened
We have started using the smaller Global Flat Rate envelopes that we mail for $7 containing 20 or so of the $1 CR123 batteries. That is $1.35 each to your door.

andyz

Newly Enlightened
Great Deal Kevin, that makes it 2.28 AU for me. I have your website on my favourites now so I can order from you guys when I run out.

Trev1960

Newly Enlightened
How do the Batterystation Cr123 compare in output to the Energizer?

I have 20 of the Battery Station on the, they give great sevice!!