• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Blue Anodized Titanium Aeons

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
JLEGG & luxlunatic: Both of those will be available on the website later this week. :)

Metatron: If you want one of these and give me a firm commitment, I can go ahead and have one run for you as well and you can send over payment a little past August 8th.

mcmc: There's no way for me to give you a quantifiable answer to that question. There are no standard specifications on this titanium anodizing, and nothing to compare against in terms of rockwell hardnesses or otherwise. I would not carry this light in a pocket full of keys or other sharp objects; standard titanium and hardcoat aluminum are much better for that.

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool, thanks for the insight. Not much experience handling anodized Ti and was wondering how it different from type II and HA aluminum anodize.

Metatron

Banned
JLEGG & luxlunatic: Both of those will be available on the website later this week. :)

Metatron: If you want one of these and give me a firm commitment, I can go ahead and have one run for you as well and you can send over payment a little past August 8th.

mcmc: There's no way for me to give you a quantifiable answer to that question. There are no standard specifications on this titanium anodizing, and nothing to compare against in terms of rockwell hardnesses or otherwise. I would not carry this light in a pocket full of keys or other sharp objects; standard titanium and hardcoat aluminum are much better for that.
apologies mate, the cheque wasn't honored, am busy choosing a suitable blade to exact punishment as i am down $1400:rant:

da.gee

Enlightened
She has her pink one already. I have the run of the mill black h/a.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Enrique - Any updates on the build status or ship date of the blue Ti's? How many blue's are being made?

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Folks,

The parts are done being anodized and should be here any day now. I expect to be shipping these on Monday of next week if all goes as planned - I'll keep you posted. :)

Take care folks.

-Enrique

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

The anodized parts have arrived and I will be mailing everyone their completed lights come Monday. Looking forward to seeing what you all think. :)

-Enrique

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
The anodizing is surprisingly durable but it will be subject to scratches if it's riding in a pocket with keys and such. Also, finger oils will dull the finish but it can be easily brought back to brightness with a little Windex from time to time.

radiomanss

Newly Enlightened
Just received my Blue anodized titanium Aeon. Very, very special. The color is a very soft blue -- a bit lighter than Enrique's photo in the first post on this thread -- and (of course) the quality of the machining and anodizing is the best.

This one is a collector's item, as well as a great light. Thanks, Enrique!

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody take some pics of this guy in the wild?

Last edited:

bltkmt

Enlightened
Are these still available? Would love to see some photos from those that purchased...also, hear how the finish is holding up.

charlesn

Enlightened
I've carried mine everyday since purchase, and the finish still looks like new... then again, the "carrying" is being done in a silk-lined pocket of my briefcase, so I guess that doesn't tell you much! However, the light has received its fair share of handling by me and other admirers, and I don't see that finger oils have dulled the finish at all. No Windex so far. All I can say is that Endeavor's photo really captures the genuine beauty of this light in person.