Bushnell

Butch_Coolidge

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know anything about this brand or have an opinion good or bad? I have two currently. One is small, and takes one double A battery. One is larger, and takes 9. Both seem very sturdy, and to me seem very bright. I'm not an expert by any means. The smaller one was $20.00, the larger $50.00. They both have the white beam, I would refer to it as, as well as red and blue. Apologies if I don't have the terminology correct. Also, not sure of the lumens. I have been very satisfied with both, and use them often.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF.

You won't read a lot about Bushnells here, nor Coasts, Lux-Pro, Defiant or several other box store flashlight brands.

That doesn't mean they are bad. Just not 'in vogue' for various reasons.
But the Bushnell lights are fine. Hope you enjoy yours. I sure enjoy the little 1aaa pocket shredder.

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
It's a decent budget brand that is fairly new to the big box store scene. Lots of their lights are a bit on the tacticool side (and shred pockets), but offer performance above most other big box store lights. They don't reach the heights of flashaholic class, but they cost less.

:welcome:

BrotherHorse

Newly Enlightened
I HAVE seen the Bushnell's show up at the big box stores. . . . . . they are OK.
(Not what I am looking for. . . . . but still, as the better of the flashlights that hang on pegs, they are OK for everyday use. )
But, Im a POWER NUT and demand over 1200 tested and guaranteed Lumens, that fits in my pocket, for self protection with a fully charged battery.
The Bushnell is a first step maybe in the process of understanding. . . and WANTING. . . more light power at the click of a switch.
Many and most of the flashlights WE, on this forum desire has Modes. By clicking the switch. . . the light cycles thru various power settings allowing you to select a power. (Sometimes you don't NEED a lot of power. That's OK.)
Its there when you need it.
My pocket flashlight is borrowed several times a day.
EVERYONE wants one of these.

(If I were 9 or 10 years old, I would LOVE for someone to buy me a high powered, Modded, flashlight and rechargeable batteries and charger.)

What a gift !

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It's a decent budget brand that is fairly new to the big box store scene. Lots of their lights are a bit on the tacticool side (and shred pockets), but offer performance above most other big box store lights. They don't reach the heights of flashaholic class, but they cost less.

:welcome:

Good way to put it sir.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have a 1XAAA Bushnell. Interesting "tacticool" design but mine is not reliable.May have gotten a defective one but really nothing special IMO there are probably better lights for the same or a little more money.Yours work well for you so no reason to quit using them. Keep us posted about how they are holding up hopefully some other users will chime in as well.

Last edited: