Buyers Beware! Thru Nite's Archer 2A

Andre Brundridge

Newly Enlightened
I think you should buy the light from Amazon. You should leave your feedback in amazon... we will replace all the defects based on amazon service policy.

Hello David, it's good to see Thrunight's owner hear :)

I bought the light on Amazon, and left feed back on Amazon.
The email I received, and replied to from you or your customer service lead me to believed I would be able to obtain a new reflector, is that still the case?
I know we are working through a language barrier, so it's a little hard for me to understand all of the translations.

Some one correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Amazon's service policy will lead to a "return for exchange" of the entire item... the only option I have been able to find on Amazon's web site is "return/exchange"

ThruNite

Newly Enlightened
Ok no worry. I think my people will serve you very well.do not worry. if you find the problems. you can ask return. or refund your payment is Ok.anyway. if you have any complaint. you can send me email. [email protected].

Thanks and Regards

David

Poppy

Flashaholic
I'm not a big flash light guy, and you can call me cheap, but a 26$ light should hold up better than my 8$ 502-B Ultrafire.
I won't be returning the light because I want to follow up on this post, but I have attempted to contact Thrunite to see if I can get a hold of a new reflector. I'll update you guys if they come through for me.

I am simply reporting on my experience.
I have not heard back from them yet, they may have good customer service, we will see.
I rely want to like this light, but I will not fan-boy over it or the brand.

You want to shame me, but at the same time you claim that 2 out of 3 of your lights had issues?
You only made me feel more justified in my post.
Sorry Andre, I don't believe that you are simply reporting your experience. I believe that you are being over dramatic and are trying to make a scene. You are using size 4 and 5 typeface. You might as well put ALL OF YOUR POSTS IN CAPS!!! You also stated that you would rather follow up on your bashing than to return the light.

I don't know Poppy, I appreciate hearing other people's out-of-the-box experiences - it helps me gauge brand QC <snip>

I do too, but it's customary here to wait until any out of the box problems are solved, then use it as an opportunity to praise the manufacturer's or dealer's excellent customer service instead of focusing on the problems. Otherwise, you're gonna have a bad time.
leon, to an extent I agree with you and reppans.
In THIS instance I somehow get the sensation of "grand-standing". I've been wrong before :rolleyes:

It is good to see that Thrunite has noticed this thread and appears to be intent on clearing it up.

Update: 72 hours after my service request, a reply was sent to me via email. The mail was a little tricky to understand (translated I assume). It looks like they will be replacing the reflector, without me having to send in the light... I will keep you posted...

Andre Brundridge

Newly Enlightened
Sorry Andre, I don't believe that you are simply reporting your experience. I believe that you are being over dramatic and are trying to make a scene. You are using size 4 and 5 typeface. You might as well put ALL OF YOUR POSTS IN CAPS!!! You also stated that you would rather follow up on your bashing than to return the light.

I am simply reporting on my experience, and I will continue to do so until I feel my interaction with the company and it's product has reach a resolve.
People here deserve to know about the companies and products they spend there money on.

I forgive you for not agreeing with my font size, and you may call me a "flashlight grand-stander" (has a nice ring to it)
Nonetheless, try to keep this thread on track... we are talking about a flashlight, and customer service remember.

Anyways, so far Thrunite seems to be doing a good job, I will keep you all posted :)

Lord Flashlight

Enlightened
To be fair, if you'd taken the time to look around on the forums you'd see loads of ThruNite threads about various lights, and even one on the Archer 2A that you could have posted in. I appreciate you thought you were doing people a service, but ThruNite is a known brand on these forums. I also agree with what Poppy said about the font size. You might want to take some of these points on board rather than just disagreeing with them, they aren't by any means unreasonable.

Last edited:

Andre Brundridge

Newly Enlightened
To be fair, if you'd taken the time to look around on the forums you'd see loads of ThruNite threads about various lights, and even one on the Archer 2A that you could have posted in. There was no need to be overly dramatic about it. I appreciate you thought you were doing people a service, but ThruNite is a known brand on these forums. I also agree with what Poppy said about the font size. You might want to take some of these points on board rather than just disagreeing with them, they aren't by any means unreasonable.

Thank you for your opinion.
I don't feel that informing my fellow gadget lovers of a faulty product, to be over reacting.
Regardless of font size (touchy subject) I have only stated true facts about my product and experience...