Cell phone batteries need longer run time

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
These motorola phones are great, but are power hungry and deplete the cells in no time at all. A day on stand by and you are almost done.

It's so bad I carry spare batteries with me, have a charger at home, at work and in the car. Am afraid of having the stupid thing discharge when you need it most.

Nokia is better, but still pretty much the same thing.

I would love to own a phone with much greater battery capacity, 2-3x times as much, even if it was bulkier and heavier. Remember the 90's Nokia cell phones? One like that would be just fine with me, if I could get a week on stand by.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which phone are you talking about? GSM, and CDMA as well as how far from where you are from a cell tower can affect battery life.

If you generally use a phone in an area of bad reception or in the subway a lot it's gonna affect battery life.

Then you gotta compare the weight and functionality of the phones. Moto is known for slim phones, you gotta sacrifice something. Nokia most of the time puts functionality first.

Then there's cost. A hi-cap li-ion is gonna add to the price and makes it hard for those "Free with sign up" deals.

It's not so bad though, I can charge my phone with a USB cord so when I need juice I just hook it up to my laptop and plug my laptop in.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like it at least as an option.

I have a Motorola with Nextel, but they are all pretty much the same with regards to run time.

Terrible coverage, drifting in and out of "signal", dropping calls.