• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Cerakote Service *Run 3 Open!* Get your lights coated by a NIS certified applicator!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mtbmurf They look great love the white HDS lights did not know you could do a pen.
Thanks for sharing.
Bugsy has all my lights on their way I have a few whites coming as well.
Thanks for putting on this service and all your other help Bugsy :thumbsup:

cheers

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
Mtbmurf They look great love the white HDS lights did not know you could do a pen.
Thanks for sharing.
Bugsy has all my lights on their way I have a few whites coming as well.
Thanks for putting on this service and all your other help Bugsy :thumbsup:

cheers

The pen is a crkt tao anodized aluminum tactical pen.... He said he could coat anything metal :/)
The light i had done was a 30.00 storm i bought... Now to mod it to xm-l...
Ive got a v10r apart and itll be On its way for safety orange...

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tao pen was one of the coolest non-lights we have coated! I'm looking forward to doing some SAK alox scales in the G Black run, should look really cool!

We can do key shackles, watch bezels, knife blades/scales and anything else you can imagine!

Cerakote has become the industry standard for tactical knife blade coatings; even Emerson is switching from the Ti coating to a cerakote product. I have a H.E.S.T. folder with a cerakote blade, thus far it has held up better than any blacked out blade I have ever owned!

WDP

Newly Enlightened
Re: **OPEN** Cerakote Service *Run 4 Choose Colors* Get your lights coated!!

Howdy CPFers!
Currently Collecting Lights and parts for a Safety Orange, GraphiteBlack and Bright White; post your interest in the thread please!
1. Originally Posted by WDP
Burnt Bronze.
I am in for a SureFire 6P body, tailcap and a cryos head.

Flat Dark Earth.
I would be in for a complete SureFire 6P (body, head, tailcap).

Excellent! Send them both in, I will start pushing for FDE!!!

Should I wait for you to 'call' for the Burnt Bronze or send it now?

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can mail them in now, we are getting closer and closer to doing thaose runs, waiting on some more people to pop up!

G Black is going to be sprayed in a week or so, the cutoff to mail anything in for that is tomorrow!

White is also gaining momentum....

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Cerakote Service - Get your lights coated by a professional NIS certified applica

"Color" me happy...

dsc0200s.jpg

Mag2D's

dsc0201cw.jpg

(L to R) Novatac Special Ops, Aleph/Pineapple/E-C/Masterpiece Pro (Burnt Bronze/Graphite Black), Novatac Storm

Many thanks again bugsy! :thumbsup:

-DF

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet D! Love the pineapple-asaurus! Glad they all arrived safely and they are now in a world class collection!

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll try to set aside some time for a step by step pictorial this weekend, I've got a couple of things going on though. :whistle:

Jamie
I thought I would hold off taking a perfectly good SWM apart until my new emitter arrives. I'll break it down as I do the swap in the next few days.

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet James! I love that old skool pineapple combo! The 3 flats e2e's and z3 were cool too, those are some classic bodies!

HIDblue

Enlightened
Cerakote has become the industry standard for tactical knife blade coatings; even Emerson is switching from the Ti coating to a cerakote product. I have a H.E.S.T. folder with a cerakote blade, thus far it has held up better than any blacked out blade I have ever owned!

Hey Charles...do you have any pics of your cerakoted blade?

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's 2 photos of mine done by bugsy 714. :thumbsup:

p2242533.jpg

Is that safety orange? It looks kind of dull in that picture...though it's probably just the lighting. Or my monitor. The orange Mag a few posts up appears to 'pop' more...

Surely Cerakoting knives, keys etc would be an expensive solution as I'd imagine it would chip and scratch quite easily? I mean, it's good for objects that are not designed to be bashed around (like lights) but if yo start putting it on items that will see heavier use and daily wear and tear (key rings, keys, knife blades etc) then I'm sure it wouldn't hold up too well. Or am I totally missing something? If I can coat my house keys matte black, and they hold up reasonably well, then I'm going to go to town on Cerakoting :rock:

I do however have my doubts.

yifu

Enlightened
Well, i personally won't worry about cerakote not holding up. Ceramic paint is actually harder than HAIII and when you do see it chip and fall off etc, it's because of the bonding agent not bonding strongly enough to the light. I've just received my bright white L2T from Charles and the Cerakote and the actual beadblast/prep work is fantastic and im sure it will hold up. Generally the duller fire-arm colours will be harder than the brighter decorative colours, if that's a priority for you.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, i personally won't worry about cerakote not holding up. Ceramic paint is actually harder than HAIII and when you do see it chip and fall off etc, it's because of the bonding agent not bonding strongly enough to the light. I've just received my bright white L2T from Charles and the Cerakote and the actual beadblast/prep work is fantastic and im sure it will hold up. Generally the duller fire-arm colours will be harder than the brighter decorative colours, if that's a priority for you.

True...I guess the only way I'll ever really work it out is if I get something other than a light coated!

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

No, mine is the stock armor black blade HEST/f 2.0, I always hated black blades but this has just a few shiny spots from rubbing on my keys which is amazing considering what I have done to it =)

Is that safety orange? It looks kind of dull in that picture...though it's probably just the lighting. Or my monitor. The orange Mag a few posts up appears to 'pop' more...

The 3 lights on the left were from the same batch as the above mag, the 2 on the right were from a previous batch

Surely Cerakoting knives, keys etc would be an expensive solution as I'd imagine it would chip and scratch quite easily? I mean, it's good for objects that are not designed to be bashed around (like lights) but if yo start putting it on items that will see heavier use and daily wear and tear (key rings, keys, knife blades etc) then I'm sure it wouldn't hold up too well. Or am I totally missing something? If I can coat my house keys matte black, and they hold up reasonably well, then I'm going to go to town on Cerakoting :rock:

I do however have my doubts.

It is a weapons coating and is used on all types of very hard use surfaces like AR parts, pistols, knife blades, basically anything you want to rust proof, keep a certain color (ie: camo or tactical black) or just generally make better and more grippy (the matte coatings have great traction)

Cerakote is an advanced epoxy coating with a ceramic component that is oven cured which makes it very strong, abrasion proof and also flexible. The metal surface is prepped in a way that creates small ridges and valleys that the cerakote bites into, the atomized sprayer gets into the tiniest of nooks and crannies to give a superior bond

It's pretty amazing stuff, not kryptonite but definitely the best coating option available. Check out some of the torture test vids online, seeing is believing

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Bugsy. Definitely going to look into getting items other than lights coated. I'm using a local coater - better to use a guy 2mins from me rather than sending my gear half way around the world. Though my experience is less than stellar at the moment so you may get stuff from me soon ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.