Challenge Week #2: "E" Name or Model# Only!

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
:fail:

Im out. With the Malkoff Hound Dog Super back in stock, I'm about to whip out my recently purchased Hound Dog XP-L for some use to consider whether or not I want/need the Super. It's been fun though! I've been curious if I can go a week with one light and going nearly a week with two was a good preview.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
The little EDC01 did a big light's job today and sure as sugar passed the test :thumbsup: My brother and I installed a wall panel here and it really came in handy to check if the fixating screws aligned with the wall anchors, as well as the TV power and antenna wiring that goes behind the panel.

The only odd thing is that the light kept magically appearing inside my pocket even when I intentionally and deliberately left it out in the open for bro to use without asking me for it :thinking: The flashaholism must be in a new acute phase!

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Heh heh, yeah, look close around the bezel. I figured someone would recognize it :)
Hmm. I see the bezel has a lip and either a lens or TIR optic inside, so definitely not the E01 with its open-aired LED design. It's fishy, but I can't point out what :thinking:

Alright, tomorrow you spill it, ST: what sneeki breeki stunt have you pulled off? :ironic:

Last edited:

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm. I see the bezel has a lip and either a lens or TIR optic inside, so definitely not the E01 with its open-aired LED design. It's fishy, but I can't point out what :thinking:

Alright, tomorrow you spill it, ST: what sneeki breeki stunt have you pulled off? :ironic:

I'll be really surprised if I'm the first one on this board who thought of it! :D

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
:fail:

Im out. With the Malkoff Hound Dog Super back in stock, I'm about to whip out my recently purchased Hound Dog XP-L for some use to consider whether or not I want/need the Super. It's been fun though! I've been curious if I can go a week with one light and going nearly a week with two was a good preview.

I just posted the new challenge for next week... it might be relevant to your decision on the Hound Dog Super :whistle:

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright, here's the answer to my E01 shenanigans :D

I was comparing the orange color of my old E01 vs the Sofirn C01s, and I suddenly realized how similar the heads were. Turns out they interchange with each other. (E01 head on the right)

u2Ga6NV.jpg

I can't think of any practical purpose for this, but if you want to come up with unique color combinations, there are some good possibilities.

Last edited:

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was a great challenge this week.

I made it the whole week just using the Fenix E01. It was a great reminder to me how very capable a simple sub 10L light could be in almost all situations. I am kind of sad to see "The Ugly" leave my side for constant use but...another challenge awaits.:cool:

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Woo! It's officially Sunday evening, the sky's getting dark, and I am done! This was just a silly little challenge, but I still feel accomplished! :party: Definitely gonna carry the EDC01 more often after this, its capabilities were never in doubt but it still surprised me massively.

On to challenge #3 now!