ChristmasPresent/GunOwnership/ConflictingEmotions

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glaser/Magsafe rounds will still penetrate walls(.PDF file). There really is no solution to this. Any round that has enough penetration to be a serious self defense round will penetrate several walls quite readily, and most loads that aren't considered serious self defense rounds, such as the .22 short, will still penetrate a wall easily and retain enough energy to harm someone on the other side. I have a lever action BB gun that will penetrate a wall just fine.

:buddies:

Last edited:

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
In theory, apartments are "supposed" to have firewalls between units, which I'm guessing are brick or cinder block, that would do a better job of stopping or breaking up a round (.22 anyway).

But today I went with my brother to visit one of his work friends, and I shot the guy's AK-type rifle (7.62mm). Seeing the rounds blast easily through a 6 inch log was an eye opener! I don't think a brick wall would stop one of those rounds!

Last edited:

1wrx7

Enlightened
I'm almost 31 years old now. When I was around 6 my father tought me how to shoot his Ruger Single Six. I can't remember how many rounds I've put downrange with that firearm... thousands:D, but I have all of those good family memories and the firearms safety rules he tought me. I too inherited that pistol along with all of his other firearms. I also found the original registrations for the pistols making them older than me:sssh:

I cherish that pistol because of those memories. If it wasn't for that pistol I might not have found the love I have for the shooting sports. I don't shoot it often because I had bought my own firearms over the years, but I could never get rid of the Single Six. you're right about the accuracy too:party:

I'm sure your father had his reasons for giving it to you. When one of my brothers asked me about dad's pistols I asked dad about it:naughty: His response... THOSE PISTOLS ARE YOUR'S!!!

If you find yourself too uncomfortable living in the apartment with the pistol the idea of letting your brother keep it safe for you is a good one. You can still get it when you decide to go to the range. And a big +1 for more formal gun training. Even after 20+ years of shooting all types of firearms I always learn something new when I take training/safety courses, they're fun too:grin2:

All of the other members have covered any other info I could give you except one little piece..... you can replace the .22LR cylinder with a .22MAG cylinder:devil:

Stay safe, and happy shooting.