CL30R missing O-Ring

ShutterFinger

Newly Enlightened
I just received a Fenix CL30R camping lantern. Upon closer inspection I noticed that there was not an O-Ring installed in the cap from the factory. I was able to use the "Spare" they ship with it but if anyone else has this lantern you might double check that the O-Ring is there..

ShutterFinger

Newly Enlightened
Update: Ok now I'm confused....which is probably all too easy! After installing the O-ring in the cap where it looks like it should go the unit won't turn on even though the cap is on as tight as it will go. So where does the "Spare" O-ring go? Anyone?

fenix1

Newly Enlightened
Hi ShutterFinger,

There is no O ring installed in the cap, it is in the thread. Thank you!

ShutterFinger

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the reply. I see now that it is under the screw down collar that looks like it holds the lamp together. Instructions state warranty is void if you take the lamp apart so hopefully the O-ring never needs to be replaced. Wonderful lamp anyway.

kj2

Flashaholic
O-ring can be replaced without voiding warranty. You just can't take the whole light apart. If replacing the o-ring would void warranty, it would be useless to include a spare one.

Shaysrebellion

Newly Enlightened
I have the 30 and 25. I like the 25 about 4x more. The 25 is just as bright and only needs 1 battery to be recharged. The 25 has red. The 25 has a magnetic base. The 25 is pounds lighter. The 25 actually achieves its posted runtimes (not half or 1/3rd like the 30)