PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Here is a M*g 3D with 4C and a M*g clear lense:

faea265c.jpg

Here it is with a Writeright covered lense:

faea264f.jpg

Here it is with an Acrylite lense!:

faea265f.jpg

NOTE! In no case did I try any bulb centering etc. Changing the lense each shot did mean I had to refocus each shot.

All shots with a several year old Sony Floppy Disk camera in moon (one moon showing) mode with flash cancelled. All at same distance and settings- distance approx. 15'.

I am not certain you can tell the difference in brightness between WR and Acrylite, nor am I sure these pics do justice. I think you can still see some artifacts with WR, NONE with Acrylite.

In one light or another, at tightest focus with Writeright I got an X beam. With Acrylite on the same light, a perfect spot with soft edges.

My 4.5 1318 3C shows a difference I could NOT capture.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
how much is the acrylite lens?

and how 'bout a beamshot of that light you found at tommy tools? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Clear, Writeright and Acrylite Lensed Beamshot

Nice shots Joe. With your 1318, could you see a difference by eye between clear/WR/Acrylite?

Wilkey

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

I can't speak on the Writeright, however I can give a big thumbs-up for the Acrylite lenses on my MAG 2C with 3x123. This thing in awesome and now rival the quality a beam that a SureFire puts out..... no joke. As a matter of fact, the quality of beam coming from my MAG, compared to the beam of my A2 is rather remarkable.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

Without WR or AL, I see a sort of figure 8 pattern to the beam. Writeright was pretty good. Acrylite tames it to a medium sized very soft edged 'spot'. If I get very close to a white wall, I can still see 'lobes' from the figure 8.

In practical use outside, it throws a nice flood (or call it a semi large spot with LOTS of spill).

It works more noticeably on a light that had a SORT of round beam to start, although I find it remarkable that the light in the first and last photos above is the same!

OH! Can you tell how exciting MY Saturday nights are?

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast

WriteRights are very good, IMO. They smooth the beam perfectly without much brightness loss.

Dan

Latest posts