Smallest clicky flashlight (and an idea)

Burncycle

Newly Enlightened
So the smallest clicky flashlight I know of is the discontinued Nebo Lumo

WZQICzx.jpg

4qMPauf.jpg

Of course this is oriented towards glow and required the 3 small disposable coin cells so it wasn't particularly practical. I've always wanted a teeny little keychain clicky flashlight though that provided a better beam than the pure short range flood you can get with your phone. There are a million brilliant keychain lights that will fill this criteria... except for the tail clicky part, it seems...

My old Lumo has long sense broken and was tossed in the trash, but if I had it today I wonder if a 10180 battery would fit inside and if there was a more conventional head unit that would fit on the threads. Or, even better, what about a triple 10180 in parallel? Such a thing is tantalizingly close to fitting inside an 18350 sized tube and would have about 240 mah total. I did a quick mockup of such a form factor out of some parts I happened to have laying around, you'll have to forgive the crudeness - it could have an E switch in the back to save space, and protrusions like the Nebo to allow for tail sitting and attaching a keychain. The back button could be high (on and off), while the side button could be moonlight (on and off) and lockout (double tap). There could even be a little clip for a hat brim.

Would you be interested in a light similar to this? Or am I the only one?

DJp4r0R.jpg

5CM12sH.jpg

QbFmvcr.jpg

POub90J.jpg

Last edited:

Ocelot808

Enlightened
Many many moons ago (20 years) there was an abundance of really fantastic mini flashlight designs that used CR2 or RCR2 cells. Some exotic alloy machined customs in fact. All were an absolute joy to use with the best LEDs available at the time. The Orb, JiL, Katokichi are just a few I remember. There were many others.

Then like the dinosaurs suddenly the entire CR2 format just vanished and most mini lights became incredibly bland boring designs.

I would like to see designs come back like the ones mentioned above. Your idea for an ultracompact clicky is interesting but the battery is going to be the issue. The Lumintop Frog kind of resembles what you have in mind with a side eswitch. But 100mAh for a 10180 is just meh. It can run a 10440 with an extension tube but it's still just 300mAh.

The long abandoned CR2 format is a perfect fit for compact lights. RCR2 (15270) rechargrable lithium ion cells had 400mAh capacity and 3V CR2s had about 750mAh capacity. But I don't see it coming back.

A tail clicky mini light with decent battery capacity is something I'd like 👍

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the smallest clicky flashlight I know of is the discontinued Nebo Lumo

View attachment 56481

View attachment 56482

Of course this is oriented towards glow and required the 3 small disposable coin cells so it wasn't particularly practical. I've always wanted a teeny little keychain clicky flashlight though that provided a better beam than the pure short range flood you can get with your phone. There are a million brilliant keychain lights that will fill this criteria... except for the tail clicky part, it seems...

My old Lumo has long sense broken and was tossed in the trash, but if I had it today I wonder if a 10180 battery would fit inside and if there was a more conventional head unit that would fit on the threads. Or, even better, what about a triple 10180 in parallel? Such a thing is tantalizingly close to fitting inside an 18350 sized tube and would have about 240 mah total. I did a quick mockup of such a form factor out of some parts I happened to have laying around, you'll have to forgive the crudeness - it could have an E switch in the back to save space, and protrusions like the Nebo to allow for tail sitting and attaching a keychain. The back button could be high (on and off), while the side button could be moonlight (on and off) and lockout (double tap). There could even be a little clip for a hat brim.

Would you be interested in a light similar to this? Or am I the only one?

View attachment 56483

View attachment 56484

View attachment 56485

View attachment 56486
Awwwww! That's cute! I bet the chicks really dig your little...stubby...flashlight. ;)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Sorry to keep mentioning this light, but the Nitecore Tiki is the smallest clickie I know about. It has a side switch, and is rechargeable, if that doesn't disqualify it. It's also been my EDC for a few years now.

Geoff