• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *CLOSED*TigerLight Upgrade Offerings Signup Thread

J_Oei

Enlightened
Re: TigerLight Upgrade Offerings Signup Thread

[ QUOTE ]
J Oei, shipping is wrong. You only need to pay shipping on the battery pack & h-mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep the change. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

Alright, I'm back. Sorry for being incommunicado. It was my father-in-law's birthday and I was away.

CONFIRMING the following orders and payments received via PayPal:

bald1
MTFD17
Prolepsis
Josey
Judgedog
J_Oei
agent8698
Manilla
Elnath
bmsmith
Monolith

OVERPAYMENTS due to confusing shipping charges (sorry):

Prolepsis (overpay $5)
Josey (overpay $6.75)
Monolith (overpay $8, but for PayPal fees, not shipping)

Also, bald1 and J_Oei both overpaid but told me to keep the change. Thanks very much, guys. I will be refunding the others overpayments presently. Please note that there is no need to add a PayPal fee to the orders.

MTFD17,
The timeframe of the orders being shipped is dependent on when I get the WA1274 bulbs from WA, your location in the priority list, how long it will take me to get batteries, and how hard and fast I work. That last bit is the only thing within my control. Believe me, I will work hard and fast and will try to keep everyone informed. I don't want to hazard a guess at the moment, but you won't be waiting weeks and weeks on end. I have pre-ordered a lot of stuff and I have cleared a lot of time to work on these orders. I'll let you know more when I have a better idea. Fair?

cue003,
The orange peel reflector has a smoother beam, but you give up a bit of throw. The smooth reflector shows more artifacts from the filament, but if you want the maximum throw, the smooth is best. Shipping for the Tiger85 would be $11 (not $14) because it's two battery packs worth (9BP and H-MOD). Shipping for the Tiger11 would be $8 because it is one battery pack. You DO NOT need to do any potting. I've done all that. I listed things separately because some people out there (field testers) already have reflectors, and because that's how I price things. In your Tiger85 order I would send you the two reflectors with two of the ring-potted 1185's installed in them, and the other two 1185's separate, in bubble wrap and a plastic bag. Installing a new 1185 into a reflector is easy, in any case.

WB,
I do not take seniority on CPF into account. But I will give priority to those who posted their interest first in the earlier threads (summary and upgrade threads). So it makes no difference how many posts you have or when you registered.

Catdaddy (nice screen name, BTW. I love cats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ),
The Tiger11 is made up of the following:
1 6BP
1 1940-SM or -OP
and 1 WA1111
plus however many spare bulbs you'd like to have on hand. I recommend at least one. Thus the Tiger11 with one spare bulb will cost $44 + $12 + $22 for the battery pack, reflector, and two WA1111 at $11 each. Clear? If you want two spare bulbs, just increase the number of WA1111 by one. Shipping is $8 no matter how many spare bulbs you want.

Judgedog,
There will be detailed instructions, explanations, cautions and warnings. Don't worry.

J_Oei,
Yes, your Triton charger will charge the 9 cell pack. I will provide a 9 volt snap-harness to make stand alone charging of the battery pack easier. I have had trouble using alligator clips to charge these packs due to the type of connectors used.

Prolepsis

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
js said:
OVERPAYMENTS due to confusing shipping charges (sorry):
Prolepsis (overpay $5)
Also, bald1 and J_Oei both overpaid but told me to keep the change. Thanks very much, guys. I will be refunding the others overpayments presently. Please note that there is no need to add a PayPal fee to the orders.

[/ QUOTE ]

No need for a refund, thanks. Please keep the extra as well (since I'm shipping to Canada, anyhow--probably costs more??).

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

Prolepsis,

AH! Canada. Yes. I didn't catch that. Oops. I already sent the money. Please click "refund" on that payment, as that should make the shipping just about right. Sorry.

Prolepsis

Enlightened

Done, thanks Jim. Hmm, PayPal seems to take some of the refund as a fee, and doesn't let me refund "more" than the original sent amount.

If you need more later on, or if shiping = more, please let me know.

Thanks again!
eric t

Judgedog

Newly Enlightened

Jim:

If it is not too much trouble I would like to make a minor change to my order. . .instead of two "orange peel" reflectors I would like one "orange peel" and one "smooth". If it is too much trouble, I'll stick with my original order. Thanks again for making all of this possible. . .especially for those of us who could never attempt to do this ourselves!!! Also, please take note of the last line of my "signature" line!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Catdaddy

Enlightened

PAYPAL SENT FOR $86.00

Tiger11
1 6BP
1 1940-SM
2 WA1111

Thank you for your help!
John

brightnorm

Flashaholic

(3) 1940-SM x $12 = $36
(4) WA1274 x $8 = $32
(4) WA1111 x $11 = $44
(2) 6BP x $44 = $88

Sub Total: $200

SHIPPING
Lamps $1 + 7x $.25 = $2.75
Reflectors $4 + 2x $1 = $6
Battery pks $8 + $3 = $11

Sub total $19.75

$200
$19.75
Grand total: $219.75
PAYPAL sent

Thanks Jim,
Brightnorm

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

Judgedog,
No problem.

Brightnorm, you only needed to pay shipping on the two battery packs ($11) the other stuff rides along for free. I'll refund you the extra money.

***UPDATE***

I called WA today to check on the 1274's and when they will be shipped to me. July 2nd! Sorry, guys, but at the moment I only have one 1274 on hand. I placed the order for the 1274's a long time ago (same time as for the 1111's and 1185's, which they had in stock), but it's a 12-14 week lead time for WA to make up a halogen lamp that they don't have in stock.

Here's what I plan to do: I will fill the orders which I can fill first, and hold off on filling any orders with 1274's in them. If you'd like to split your order into two parts, that's fine by me. Let me know via email or PM.

Also, the Carley orange peel reflectors tend to vary. I ordered the medium OP, knowing this, and thus I have a small number of rather light orange peel reflectors (2, I think) and 4 reflectors that are heavy orange peel. If you have a preference, let me know, but don't let it worry you, they really all are great.

sygyzy

Enlightened

Are there any plans to set up pre-modded TL's for sale? You can have like basic, medium, deluxe offerings. It would really help people like me out who don't want to/have time to figure out the different combinations and pros and cons of each. Thoughts?

Dave Bui

Newly Enlightened

Jim,

1 - 1940-SM Carley RF1940 smooth reflector: $12 ----- 12
2 - WA1185 Welch Allyn 1185 lamp: $8 ---------------- 16
1 - 9BP 9 cell KAN 1050 battery pack: $44 ----------- 44
1 - H-MOD Charging system modification: $20 --------- 20
- Shipping ---------------------------------------- 11
------------------------------------------------- =103
Paypal on the way

thanks
David Bui

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

CONFIRMING the following orders and payments received via PayPal:

bald1
MTFD17
Prolepsis
Josey
Judgedog
J_Oei
agent8698
Manilla
Elnath
bmsmith
Monolith
Catdaddy
Brightnorm
Dave_Bui
flahsworm
Paul_DW

Wow, it looks as if I underestimated the number of orders I was going to get! I have placed another order at WA for more lamps, but it looks as if I'm going to have to up it. I will also have to place another order to Carley, in addition to the order for batteries and shrink wrap and so on. I have already started working on battery packs and ring-potted lamps, and some orders will be going out early next week, depending on how long my current supply of shrink wrap holds out. Anyway, I'm on it, head down, working away. When I told my wife how much stuff people had already ordered, she looked more than a bit worried. I think she surmises that she won't see much of me over the next month. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif She's probably right.

Keep an eye out for Colin's report on the Tiger11 and dano's report on the Tiger74 (he's field testing a WA1274 in both smooth and OP 1940's, with the stock battery pack). I apologize for not getting more beam shots posted, but I don't have a way to control the shutter speed on my camera. I can play with the exposure setting after the fact, but I'd just be guessing. I will place links to field test reports & beamshots in the summary thread.

Thanks everyone, and as always, feel free to email or PM.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

I for one am very interested in Colin's report on the Tiger11 vs. his Tiger85. I really want the tiger85 but don't want to be without my charger/light etc for too too long. That is my only worry.

Come on Colin....you are holding up my order!!! j/k
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

cue003,

I would be willing to trade harnesses with you. i.e. I'll send you one of my modified harnesses, 9 cell battery pack, reflectors, lamps, and higher voltage wallwart, and when you get your order, you can send me your harness. How's that?

Also, Frame57 reported on the Tiger11 vs. Tiger85 in The TigerLight Upgrade Thread (towards the end) and I reported on it in the first post of the summary thread. My beamshots didn't work out, unfortunately, so I didn't post them, but Colin has promised some beamshots of the Tiger11, and as he has both the 85 and 11, perhaps he will post comparison beamshots as well. Anyway, let me know about my harness offer.

p.s. If it were me, I'd get the Tiger85, but then again, I'm one of those wierdo incany hot-wire guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

js.... SOLD.... I am sending in my paypal as soon as I get home tonight.

Thanks, Jim.

Here is what I will pay for tonight.

WA1185 in 1940-SM $8 + $12 = $20
WA1185 in 1940-OP $8 + $12 = $20 light orange peel
WA1185 3 x $8 = $24
9BP - $44
H-MOD - $20
Shipping - $11

Total -- $139

I will mail you my charger when I get my order. Good man. Thanks again.

Curtis

Psychomodo

Enlightened

Jim has done a fantastic job putting together these mods /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif and I would like to take this opportunity to thank him for giving me the opportunity to try them out first - THANKS JIM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The Tiger85 by far outshines the Tiger11 (which, by the way, far outshines the stock Tigerlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif). The Tiger85 has a runtime of between 16 and 17 minutes. I get almost 30 minutes from the Tiger11.

I have no equipment for measuring the lumens output, but I can say that whichever one you decide on, you will not be disappointed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

My advice would be "BUY THEM BOTH" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif
(an old CPF saying, I do believe)

I know this isn't a very good report but it's probably better than nothing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif