Coast / Led Lenser P7

my#1hobby

Enlightened
No beam shots? :shakehead
Finally got some shots up in the first post. Just got my laptop back from my son and he told me the reason I couldn't get anywhere online was because he had downloaded something called "NoScript" into my browser and it was blocking everything I tried to do, apparently he put it on my computer that morning and forgot to tell me....:ohgeez:

Lou Maan

Newly Enlightened
I have all the Led Lensers. Im sick of them now, really hate the lack of regulation on earlier models. Best one and only one worth having is MT7. Throws almost like TK41 floods almost like TK41 but can only do one of the above chores at a time. Also, expensive on batteries and brightness drops off with regulation after 2 minutes and doesn't help to turn it off and on again :(. Glass breaker on bottom is cool and a good self defense tool. Too bad the light slips out of your hand if it's cold so easily. I was the biggest LL fan, until I discovered real quality lights. My X21 sits in its case in storage.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
I have all the Led Lensers. Im sick of them now, really hate the lack of regulation on earlier models. Best one and only one worth having is MT7. Throws almost like TK41 floods almost like TK41 but can only do one of the above chores at a time. Also, expensive on batteries and brightness drops off with regulation after 2 minutes and doesn't help to turn it off and on again :(. Glass breaker on bottom is cool and a good self defense tool. Too bad the light slips out of your hand if it's cold so easily. I was the biggest LL fan, until I discovered real quality lights. My X21 sits in its case in storage.

I was wondering when a post like this was going to pop up!:crackup:

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would you say are real quality lights? Thanks.

Scottap

Newly Enlightened
I am a really big fan of the P7 and the T7. I get my batteries paid for at work so it's ideal. The advanced focus is a real dream for me. Lou Mann I will buy your X21 if your not using it?

And what makes are better than led lenser??? I've tried a few and always returned. Just interested to see what some think are better. I'm always willing to try something new. I have around £150 to spend. I'm after a really good thrower. Any ideas???

GulfCoastToad

Newly Enlightened
I have just become a Coast Product Tester. Looking forward to what shows up in the mail. I'll be sure to post a review when I'm done.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
Yep. I was wondering, too.:shakehead But we needed at least one, or it wouldn't seem right.:D
Unfortunately, it happens to every LL thread on here and people usually lose interest because of those posts. Oh well, whatcha gonna do? :sigh:

I am a really big fan of the P7 and the T7. I get my batteries paid for at work so it's ideal. The advanced focus is a real dream for me.
I've been using eneloops in my P7 without any issues and they seem to really help maintain the brightness of the light compared to alkaline batts.

I have just become a Coast Product Tester. Looking forward to what shows up in the mail. I'll be sure to post a review when I'm done.
I'll be looking forward to your reviews!

Lou Maan

Newly Enlightened
I am a really big fan of the P7 and the T7. I get my batteries paid for at work so it's ideal. The advanced focus is a real dream for me. Lou Mann I will buy your X21 if your not using it?

And what makes are better than led lenser??? I've tried a few and always returned. Just interested to see what some think are better. I'm always willing to try something new. I have around £150 to spend. I'm after a really good thrower. Any ideas???
Sure, how much will you give me? BTW there is a bug that crawled its way into one of the 'airtight' led's. It's really obvious. It tried to get away though because it's right in the middle of the glass. But I think it died of a severe suntan. So you buy the light, you get the bug. Give you good deal on the light but the bug is extra. ;)

I don't like giving any companies a plug but have you tried Sunwayman? T40CS, it kills my LL X21 (by a bit). But leaves bugs alone.

Lou Maan

Newly Enlightened
What would you say are real quality lights? Thanks.
All their lenses are plastic. PLASTIC!!! Tried to clean one once with a soft cloth and permanently scratched it. Those gold contacts are impressive but MAN! I realise it's costly or impossible to make glass lenses that shape but at least sell them for less $. Direct drive with plastic lenses. Q5 emitters from the dinosaur age go cheap these days. There are a lot of cutting edge companies out there: Sunwayman, Nitecore, Olight, and Jet-Beam to name a few. I got sucked in all the LL marketing at first and bought ALL their lights! I loved them! Wow, adjustable beam pattern! Cool! Alkaline batteries, unreal! (PS had some leak and damage the lights.) How could anyone say anything against them I thought! Well now I know what all those nasty CPF guys were talking about, they actually DO know something!

my#1hobby

Enlightened
I don't like giving any companies a plug but have you tried Sunwayman? T40CS, it kills my LL X21 (by a bit). But leaves bugs alone.
Man oh man, you are just blowing up this thread my friend! lol. Anyways..... the T40CS kills the X21? I was looking at the T40CS, but then the Crelant 7G5 caught my eye. Supposedly it out throws the T40CS. Soooo many choices!

Lou Maan

Newly Enlightened
Man oh man, you are just blowing up this thread my friend! lol. Anyways..... the T40CS kills the X21? I was looking at the T40CS, but then the Crelant 7G5 caught my eye. Supposedly it out throws the T40CS. Soooo many choices!
Sorry for blowing the LL dream light thread. My bad. If the Crelant 7G5 beats it, I'd be surprised. T40CS beats catapult apparently. Anyway, I like to have strobe and all my modes accessible with one hand just in case the bogey man comes. That way the other hand is free for my katana.

Jay611j

Enlightened
Sorry for blowing the LL dream light thread. My bad. If the Crelant 7G5 beats it, I'd be surprised. T40CS beats catapult apparently. Anyway, I like to have strobe and all my modes accessible with one hand just in case the bogey man comes. That way the other hand is free for my katana.

If you don't like Led Lenser, then why did you click on this thread?? I'm sure the poster doesn't appreciated his thread being put down by you. If you like Sunwayman, Nitecore, Olight, and Jet-Beam, then go and click away on those threads, but leave this one to those who enjoy LL Products. Your disrespect is not appreciated here.

Lou Maan

Newly Enlightened
If you don't like Led Lenser, then why did you click on this thread?? I'm sure the poster doesn't appreciated his thread being put down by you. If you like Sunwayman, Nitecore, Olight, and Jet-Beam, then go and click away on those threads, but leave this one to those who enjoy LL Products. Your disrespect is not appreciated here.
Ok well first of all, I wasn't trying to offend the person who started the thread, and I hope I didn't. I actually provided valuable information about Led Lenser products, having owned all of them. I didn't know all the information had to be positive. Isn't this forum open for discussion about the pros and cons? Also the person who started the thread compared the throw, etc, to other lights. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to mention other lights even though he/she was interested in how far his P7 could throw compared to other lights. It is pretty amazing that a 160 lumen light can throw almost like a TK35, and that is to LL's credit, I completely agree with the thread creator. I am not disrespecting anyone, I didn't say anything about anyone or put anyone down. You can take the information I volunteered or you can leave it. Sorry you felt I stepped on your toes and the author's, and on Led Lenser's toes.