CR123a question

marxs

Enlightened
been looking around the forums but im getting mixed thoughts from other cpfer's experience and the runtime graphs...in laymans terms what would be the longest running CR123a? im currently using sanyo's cr123a li ions but am not sure if DL123 or even SF123a's have longer outputs...

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "name brands" ie. Sanyo, Duracell, Streamlight, SureFire, etc. generally have better RT than the rebadged cells mfg in China. I haven't had good results with the $1 123 cells.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
SilverFox is correct and my cells of the past two years may not be representative of current test results.

Visit Silverfox's comprehensive RT graphs of most available brands of cells. It'll help you zero in on the best cost/load.

Ben H

Enlightened
The testing I did at 1A showed Duracell and Surefire cells to have around 10% more capacity than Battery Station cells. My current thought on 123 cells is to use the made in USA or Japan cells for the higher current draw incandescent lights and use the China cells for the lower current draw LED lights. In my 2 cell lights I am also matching the cells with a ZTS tester just to be safe.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Marxs,

The Sanyo cells made in Japan were used for the shoot out. There is a thread around here someplace with a comparison of the Japan and China cells. You will have to do some searching...

If I remember correctly, the China cells came in around 10% lower than the ones made in Japan.

The China cells that I tested were some of the first Sanyo cells from China. I am waiting a few more months to do a formal test to see if there is any improvement in them.

Tom

marxs

Enlightened
silverfox,

thanks for the update. ill try to get hold of some made in japan, and then do a runtime test on my lights