• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CR2 MMMags for sale.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
vortechs said:
Hi Ledean,

I got my MMMag with both the CR2 and 1xAA body in the mail today. Thanks!

Now I just need to learn how to move the stock switch/bulb assembly from one body to the other (I've never removed or reassembled that part before).

Since I don't have any sandwiches yet, I suppose I need to use the stock switch/bulb assembly with either the stock bulb (with a 3V CR2) or a TerraLux MiniStar2 (TLE-5) 1W LED module (with a 3V CR2, or with a 3.6V Li-Ion 15270 or 14500).

It's very easy to remove the assembly. Go to Sandwich Shoppe's instructions. http://home.comcast.net/~wayney8888...rop_in_sandwich_installation_instructions.htm

ptirmal

Enlightened
for reference I get under 20 minutes of runtime with the tle-5 and a protected rcr2

Dawg

Enlightened
I looked at Ledean's pictures and the one with the CR2 Mini Mag and the Q3.....Oh! what beauty! I am so envious of persons with such talent. I am always flabbergasted at the things that good toolmakers can do with their machines.

Awsome work Ledean:goodjob:

Ledean

Enlightened
Vortechs, It is actually a simple matter to remove the stock switch assembly.
Be careful that the metal strip for the positive contact does not get lost.(Ive got more that a few embeded in my carpet) You can use a thin screwdriver to pry open the top part .

Ptirmal, They rock with Rcr2 and a luxeon . People are always amazed when they see the light output fron such a small package.

Dawg , thanks for the compliment . CPF has so many talented guys who do amazing work.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bogus1 said:
Does it take a different bore for the McR-20s than the IMS?

Thanks

The McR20 fits very tight in the ledean CR2 and the AA Mini Mag heads. The heads will need modification or the reflector will need modification to fit.

This is how the McR20 fits in the CR2 MM. Tight fitting, will not go down any further.

dsc02120small6mg.jpg

ptirmal

Enlightened
I just wanted to correct myself... I was doing some run tests and after cycling the rcr2's a few times I got the runtime with a tle-5 to right about 30 minutes continuous before it shut off... now thats a lot better!

Ledean

Enlightened
Thanks for the Bump.
Just wanted to let you guys know that the head can be bored for Mc20 reflector .
It fits all the way in . I usually bore them for 20mm reflector . Please let me know if you need to bore it for Mc20.
No modification needed on the reflector.

Ledean

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wanted to give a big "KUDOS" for Ledean's service; I ordered two MMM Mags from him this past Thursday morning, and received them in the mail on Saturday afternoon...that's AWESOME turn-around time! They were bored for IMS20 reflectors and the whole works! EXCELLENT service!

PJD

Dawg

Enlightened
Yeah, these things are awesome. I am using a Terra Lux TLE-5 drop in and it competes with my Orb Raw. I am using the Juice RCR2 protected cells and their charger and it works great.