David W ?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got an e-mail from a "member want to be" saying he did not get a password. I suggested he e-mails you. Now I read Craigs comment about the maker of a 6 LS nightblaster supreme...saying he cannot find CPF. Also, I was wondering if Chris and Ted are back...or if their still wondering around lost and lonely.
smile.gif
Is your e-mail working? Is there a CPF intermittent problem? It seems to work perfect for me. I will delete this post as soon as I recieve a reponse or you may move it.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I got the same thing. I asked him if he wanted me to start a thread but I think I scared him off. I said don't eMail me but then I said just kidding so I donno, perhaps I'll have to attempt correspondance again.

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can log on to my email account but I haven't received an email in about a week. Which is strange since I usually get about 6 a day. My alternate email is toast. Let me start another account and get back to you.

Lantern Jack O.

Enlightened
I've had occasional intermittent problems getting DNS lookups for www.candlepowerforums.com for the past several weeks - ever since that protracted July 4 maintenenace period.

I'm not having any problems with any other hostname lookups, so I'm pretty sure it's not just my ISP (cox.net). Anyone else having similar problems (like maybe your web browser occasionally says: "www.candlepowerforums.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again.")

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
How-doo all. I`m back, and can get in now, but there is still a lot of trouble going on round here. I could get in last night, and early this morning, but all the afternoon I`ve been locked out again. The rather nifty http://amegaproxy.com let me finish catching up on the 4087 new posts since saturday last week (I`ve been out of town with no internet) but it`s slow, very slow, even for my old dialup 28K modem. I thought I`d try it again a half hour ago and it`s fine for now, but probably not for too much longer so I`ll be quick about this.

Suffice to say, as a result of a traceroute whatnot I ran, it seems that there`s incorrectly configured DNS settings for this site somewhere at Exodus Communications, which is the probable cause of the constant failures.

It is annoying. At least I`m not locked out for good, and the down-times do let me catch up on my e-mails and the ever present Torch Reviews Site.

rolleyes.gif
mad.gif
tongue.gif

Luff

Enlightened
Originally posted by Lantern, Jack O.:
I've had occasional intermittent problems getting DNS lookups...

ISP (cox.net). Anyone else having similar problems ...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Had many of the same problems with the OKC Cox system, Jack.

Tech support said to unplug the modem for 1 minute. Plug it back in and reboot the computer. Cox did some squirrley stuff at the same time CPF went down and it mangled their DNS cache. Once I did the reset and reboot, all's been fine since.

Good luck!

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like keeping a secondary source of DNS lookups handy in case of strangeness like this (you know, piggybacking on some other ISPs DNS - try swapping DNS server IPs with your friend who's using another ISP and is known to be able to access the CPF). Windows allows up to 3 DNS servers to be specced per bound interface. Most ISPs provide 2 DNS servers (primary and secondary) for you to use, so the 3rd one could be your buddy's ISP
smile.gif
It might help....