Deadly Trio* (Milkyspit) **Beamshots Added** 3/11

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Skalamander...

65535 said:
I wonder if milky will sell me a KL2 head an an M3 body?? Beautiful work I would grab one up if I wasn't in love with multiple levels.
i think milky said he is all out of KL2's and he will not sell just the body as you have to produce the body if you want a build.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Skalamander...

Some Beamshots.

The Only thing I had in my arsenal was a SL Propolymer 3C luxeon.
the "skalamander" throws about the same or ever more but with
6-7X the output.
SL Propoly 3C Luxeon

JetBeam MK II (High)

Milky Modded L1 UX0J (High)

ARCmania Maxlite SS Bin (High)

Surefire L4

Mcgizmo's HD45 WWOT (High)
buttrock.gif

Shots were not taken at the same time... Just the SL and the "skalamander"

As you can see the M375 Is pure :drool:

Wait Still have more.

Nebula

Enlightened
Re: Skalamander...*Beamshots*

After that I would suggest putting the SL on suicide watch. :laughing: Nice pics. I see that the Milky L1 is holding its own with some tough opponents as well. Kirk

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thats a massive amount of light skalomax. You can take the "soon" out of your sig line now too.

Try not to keep the neighbors up all night, shining that thing in their windows.:duck:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast

Was using outside for about 5 Mins and Its a Wonderfull Light.

Love It!!
Thanks again Scott!

I think Im going to be getting a Surefire M3 (L6) Body soon or Leef's 3X CR123A Body
soon.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Skalo, glad you like your light!

Here's a prebuild photo that shows the grip a little better...

img-skalamander-prebuild.jpg

The grip is made from 3M 'Cold Shrink' Tubing... it's used to bundle undersea cables... as soon as the core is removed, the tubing quickly cinches down around whatever's inside it... in this particular application it still has a firm but cushioned feel, so the grip would probably be comfortable in extended use. Unfortunately the stuff is WAY too expensive to use in more applications, was fortunate to have a sample to use on the Skalamander. :)

Also, GreenLED deserves ALL the credit on the unique tail for the Skalamander! That's one of his flying turk's head lanyards. BEAUTIFUL workmanship! The guy's a lanyard master. Hat's off to the green punk!
:bow:

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was thinkging of buying a small sheet of neoprene for a grip buy sewing it into a cylinder slightly smaller diameter than the body and stratching it over. But the cold shrink might work nicely, I have seen it locally, what kinda of coushioning does it provide? Can't be as soft as neoprene?

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast

I dont know what that is but I can tell you that This stuff feels super Comfortable and Provides nice grip.

:huh:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here are the runtime charts for the M180-KL2... the Skalamander should get about 2/3 the runtimes listed above, at 375 lumens rather than 180 lumens...

img-m180-kl2-leef-runtime-vs-lbu-complete-v2-linear.jpg

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, Just used it for a Little longer and compared It to my Cousins JetbEam MKII and the MKII was absolutely DESTROYED! :laughing: . What did i Expect? :lolsign:

Tried it Against my Fathers SL TL3 Xenon and It was Also Destroyed. The TL3 Threw a little farther but in terms of sidespill and output, It was no challenge.
I really Like this Light and I promised Scott that I will never Sell or Trade this Light... EVER!!

Ill try to take some beamshots Later on Of other Lights That I have given to relatives.

Thanks again for the comments Guys!

jtice

Flashaholic

ARRRRGGGg you killin' me !!! :hairpull: Great shots though :p

Ill be using mine on an M3 body, and an L5 body with Leef C2M adapter.
Seems the thing looks great, and performs just as well, on what ever combo you choose. :thumbsup:

~John

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast

bad *** light dude!!!
now you need an surefire M6 modded like that but running on some even more powerful batteries and some massive heatsink!!!!(and maybe drive them to1/1.5amp each?)

SpeedPRO

Enlightened

Hey Skalo,

Glad you finally received it! I knew you'll have fun with it...

havand

Enlightened

Skalomax...Could you repost the MaxliteII and jetbeam shots? What battery was the jetbeam using? Just trying to figure out how bright the MaxliteII is. I'm interested in picking one up, but I want to see how much better it is first.

Latest posts