Deliver in forest regularly, could use some recommendations

desertrunner

Banned
The brand I see most often recommended here to people asking for a duty light is either Malkoff or SureFire.
Because thats all they might know. Thats why I like to offer up an alternative.

Are you telling me that no one except Pelican and Streamlight, neither SF or Malkoff, are not offering a "real life-time warranty"? Thats some claim.
i never told you that nor ever made such a claim.

Peli lights are good for what they are, but I would not choose them over a good Surefire or Malkoff. Many policemen are carrying Surefire, but not as many as are carrying a Streamlight, because Surefires are generally more expensive.
Malkoff is an unknown name in the public safety field. Surefire in known, but not so common and dont offer much in the USB rechargeable category.

Not many are carrying Malkoff, because Malkoff is not a well known manufacturer to most, and they dont offer internal charging options. However, neither do most Surefire flashlights. Except if you count stuff like the R1 Lawman, which is not really representative of most of SFs offerings. And no longer sold.
Yep, I know.

I like Pelican and Streamlight. But have found Pelican to be slight more superior in quality and customer service. Again, UPSguy is going to be very busy, in and out of the truck and will need a quick and easy charging option that wont delay his operation. I like the USB lights as I have used them on patrol myself. They are heavy duty, durable, waterproof and easy to use. All he really needs.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
UPSguy, I'm guessing you already picked? Just wanted to chip in incase you subscribe to the "two is one and one is none" philosophy, an SST20 torch in a "P60 module" host style would be great for reading address numbers, tons of candelas. I use a Convoy M2 that's not too expensive and wouldn't leave me heartbroken if eventually lost; you can get an M1 for cheaper, already with the SST20 if you message the store on Aliexpress, and unlike the M2, it's actually waterproof.

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
I am a long time UPS driver. I have tried numerous lights over the years. I like the Malkoff Wildcat recommendation, but I like the Hound Dog 18650 better. I have both. He has a newer 18650 Hound Dog now with more throw, but I think you can put a filter on it to give it better spill if you want. The head is slightly large, but you can put a clip on it and it works great in the vest pocket. I only carry that in winter. I carry the Malkoff MDC XP-L 16650 in my front left pocket all year. I need it to read labels all the time. If you want to get by and spend less, the Surefire G2X Pro is a pretty good all around light for the price. I keep a Streamlight dual fuel in my locker and grab it as a backup, but it is no where near as solid as a Malkoff. I would only recommend a light with a removable battery. The only thing I have ever broke from dropping my lights is the battery. The Malkoff MD2 M61 Hot would be a good one light option too. That 16650 is more slender to carry in pants pocket though.

MX421

Enlightened
I would second the thrower/headlight combo. I personally like Zebralights as far as headlamps go. For the furthest throwing zebralight for spotting the mutts a good distance away, go with the reflector/regular glass version H600(w). A Malkoff Hounddog would be a good thrower, but there are a lot of throwers that throw further. I like my Armytek Barracuda, but only because i got lucky in getting a good one. Convoy would be another inexpensive choice. I personally wouldn't have a light with a USB charge, but instead have spare batteries charged in case you needed to replace them.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lights have very little effect on animals..if any.

Around our horses and property, we have found just the opposite actually.

Coyotes and stray dogs want nothing to do with the 60k lumens of an X70.

Latest posts