Do anyone buy the Ultrafire UF-007 (Recoil Led)

ming560

Newly Enlightened
Today just buy a Ultrafire UF-007 (Recoil Led), do anyone have it?

DSCF3432.jpg
DSCF3433.jpg
DSCF3435.jpg

DSCF3436.jpg
DSCF3437.jpg
DSCF3438.jpg

Last edited:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never seen it before. Where did you find it? And more/higher resolution pictures please. Body looks nice.

Looks weird. I'm wondering about LED cooling...

Last edited:

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks interesting. This could be a contender for throw as something like this can truly collimate light effectively kinda like a reflector telescope. A light like this probably has a tight spot with no spill.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
ditto... where'd you get that?
Feel free to PM a reply, since posting URLs from certain retailers is against the rules.

**edit** search tool found nothing.

Last edited:

KowShak

Enlightened
I found this site the other day:

http://dmcleish.com/CPF/Spherical-Reflector/index.html

It set me thinking about that setup. With aspherics you get no spill, the light coming out of the sides of the LED is wasted and contributes nothing to the beam. With a reflector, light going forward out of the LED misses the mirror and goes out as spill, its not wasted but contributes little to the spot. With that reversed diode setup all of the light coming out of the diode reaches the mirror (although some will be blocked by the LED / wiring /support).

If you design the mirror and make it with good precision I think one of these could outperform an aspheric. Who is going to buy/mod/make one to prove it?

Heatsinking was the problem I could see, I thought that if you made the lens out of monocrystaline diamond it would probably solve the problem, failing that an aluminium bar from one side to the other carrying the LED in the centre could remove some heat.

Last edited:

evenchaos

Newly Enlightened
Awesome looking light er I mean laser. Imagine that think with a MC-E led :D. Don't need it, but looks like a fun light to play with :p.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this the james bond flashlight?:naughty:

I think it says in chinese: throws up to 300m.
edwin_hohkjp-img600x225-1227029119djh0js6135.jpg

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't recoil led trademark by pelican (or streamlight, anyway it's one of the bigger u.s. manufacturers). That's basically what they do, claim to capture all the light. However they moved away from it when high powered LED came along.

Last edited:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't recoil led trademark by pelican (or streamlight, anyway it's one of the bigger u.s. manufacturers). That's basically what they do, claim to capture all the light. However they moved away from it when high powered LED came along.

Yes, "Recoil LED" is a registered Pelican trademark. I don't think they've moved away from it so much as all their offerings cater to police, who don't want a beam with no spill. The recoil design is still the best reflector shape to cut smoke or fog. That won't change.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found this site the other day:

http://dmcleish.com/CPF/Spherical-Reflector/index.html

It set me thinking about that setup. With aspherics you get no spill, the light coming out of the sides of the LED is wasted and contributes nothing to the beam. With a reflector, light going forward out of the LED misses the mirror and goes out as spill, its not wasted but contributes little to the spot. With that reversed diode setup all of the light coming out of the diode reaches the mirror (although some will be blocked by the LED / wiring /support).

If you design the mirror and make it with good precision I think one of these could outperform an aspheric. Who is going to buy/mod/make one to prove it?

Heatsinking was the problem I could see, I thought that if you made the lens out of monocrystaline diamond it would probably solve the problem, failing that an aluminium bar from one side to the other carrying the LED in the centre could remove some heat.

A spherical reflector will perform terribly. Anyhow, there's lots of loss associated with reflecting surfaces. If you want high efficiency and high lux, then you want a large, high-quality TIR optic. Those have throw equal to an aspheric lens of equal diameter, but with efficiencies that can top 90% in some (expensive) cases. Your average plastic optic runs about 80-85% efficient and your average reflector setup is about 75% efficient.

ming560

Newly Enlightened
ditto... where'd you get that?
Feel free to PM a reply, since posting URLs from certain retailers is against the rules.

**edit** search tool found nothing.

I got it at Hong Kong and the price is reasonable and not so :devil:...hehe..
The seller told me that the LED is cree P4,
4 mod: high, media, low, flash.
voltage can use between 2.7V~8.4V
( which mean you can use 2x 123A, 1x18650, 1x17670, 2xR123A)

The light beam is square and not a circle.
It is a long thrower flashlight.

Due to lack of time, may be taken some light beam today to compare with the others flashlights on hand.:devil:

Last edited:

ming560

Newly Enlightened
It can be open but may need some special method to change it.
Some guys told me that using rebel or dragon plus will have better light beam.
May be the new version of Cree will be better!