Do I Really Need Something Other Than My Surefires???

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my opinion, I think surefire doesn't make any AA lights is becuase:
  • They don't make AA batteries. They make quality batteries to operate in quality lights. This is important for a company who will replace your light if you have a problem. They can't make that kind of offer if you're using suspect batteries. I think this is the same reason they don't like rechargables... cuase they don't make them. They design and gaurantee their lights under specific conditions. If you're putting 2 x 3.7 volt batteries in a light that they want 2 x 6 volt batteries and something goes wrong ... why should SF pay for it?
  • AA batteries (alkalines) can't give enough time/amperage for any high power light.

I think this is somewhat right...sort of a true excuse. I think it has more to do with profit than anything else. And tradition. I would love an AA Surefire. :thumbsup:

umc

Enlightened
Well I'm pretty darned impressed with the Fenix lights, I think I might actually like the L2D more because it is larger and easier to hang on to. The P2D is nice though because of it's small size and great output. At this point the only thing I don't like is that they don't have a "momentary on" feature which I really like with my Surefires. Personally I like the clicky tailcap of the Surefires in that I can momentary on and then if the situation calls for it just push a little more and clicked on.

These Fenix lights sure seem like the way to go and have me second guessing my Surefire purchases. To be honest I think what it comes down to for me is that I would like to just be able to stick with one manufacturer or just wish there was one be all end all light out there. I would like one light to do it all and then just have 10 of that one light but that would be too easy.:thinking:

I wanted to pickup an E1B, C2 and possibly a 6PL but at this point I may have to pickup more Fenix lights which I think puts me back at square one in feeling confused and not knowing what to do again.:duh2::sick2:

Grrrrr, I need to find a new hobby.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
haha, yes this hobby is a love/hate relationship..

if you want the momentary feature, get the nitecore defender infinity, thats the main reason i EDC my NDI and use it more often then my P1DQ5 which i carry as backup.

Crenshaw

NickDrak

Enlightened
I say stick with Surefire, as you will likely be dissapointed in just about anything else you pick up. I have been down that road myself and have gotten rid of all of my NON-Surefire lights. They just arent as well made.

Maybe pick up a L1 or "Backup" to hold you over until the new U2's come out

umc

Enlightened
Alright I'm done for now until the UB2 comes out and I get a chance to read some reviews on both that and the UA2.

Today's take was an E1B, C2 (HA) and another Fenix L2D as well as a Z48 tail cap and a P60L drop in for my current C2 which will be relegated to a different duty once the new C2 gets here and gets a M60 and EDC duty.

Oh, almost forgot, 100 Titanium CR123 primaries, which got a good review and should keep that new M6 happy for quite some time.:D

I'm broke..........