Do you use a beltclip or holster for your flashlight ?.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got tired of carrying my light in my pocket and started carrying it in a leather magazine pouch made to hold a pistol magazine. It works great for my maglite xl50 and it has a screw to set the amount of tension on the light. Never had any trouble with the light coming out and its a cheap holster

LightJaguar

Enlightened
I carry three flashlights while I'm at work. One of my front shirt pocket a Streamlight Stylus pro that my boss got me awhile back, a Thrunite Ti on my keychain and my main battle tank a Surefire M2 with an XM-L drop in a Xenoled holster. The flashlight that gets used the most at work is the Streamlight Stylus. A lot of my coworkers like to borrow it quickly to check on small things. The Thrunite Ti gets used when I need very minimal lighting and usually when I have my keys out to open a door either at a house or near my car.
The Surefire M2 gets used when I need plenty of light. I can light up a good sized field with this light and it makes things very clear. I carry a Red Surefire FM35 red filter and even with that on it still fits very nicely in the Xenoled holster. It's has a belt loop that keeps it secure do my belt. Also a plastic buckle keeps it securely in place. Only downside is that I have clicky in there and if I don't turn the switch it will eventually come on in the holster.
When I'm not at work the Thrunite Ti stay with me and I EDC the M2 without the filter in one of my pants pocket or I edc a Surefire L1.
I was going to EDC an E1E with a custom XML drop in with three levels that was almost as bright as my M2 on high but that one got stolen :mecry: It would have been perfect for pocket carry without adding the bulk of the Surefire M2.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi there, thanks.
i got this PM reply from the guy who makes this. to be sure, where are the RIBS ?.
what would be the diameter measurement around those ribs?.

what do I reply?.

its for my PD32UE.
thanks,

Good morning,

Thank you for the inquiry regarding a holster for your Fenix light. Making a holster without the light is difficult as each holster is actually molded around the individual light. Unfortunately, I don't own your light.

What is the diameter of your light at the ribs I noted in a picture of it?

Regards,

Christian

I use a Kydex holster - by CLBME (he can be found over on the marketplace)
the holster is nice and secure, but very quick to draw the light from
clbme2.jpg

He is great to deal with too

Last edited:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
For work I use holsters. Doesn't take much more time to retrieve my lights from the holsters compared to a clip, but to put the clip back on the belt it seems I have to turn 90 degrees at the waste and fiddle with both hands for a full minute.

Weekends I just pocket my EDC.

What might work great for a PD32 is a 4Sevens Quark 123^2 holster. I just love those. The velcro eventually wears out, but the elastic is very secure. 4 years and counting with 0 incident.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi I got this reply from a UK ebay seller who deals in Kydex. what do you think?.
I also see he is selling a Surefire Mil-Spec Kroma Flashlight too. 8 hours left!.

thanks.

Hey Daryl, I could make one easily enough. All I would say is that I would actually need the flashlight to mould the kydex over. There are two way this could happen, you could either send me your flashlight, which I would return with the holder, or I could buy one and do it, then hope the money I could make off the production of holders would pay for the cost of the flashlight. Had a very quick look on the net and the model you have appears to be brand new out and I can't see how much they are? Do you mind me asking where you got yours and how much you paid? I am off to Vegas next week, so if you got it in the States then I could pick one up out there.
The only other thing I would say, is how robust does the function switch look on the front? Is it a raised rubber switch?

Last edited: