Does anyone have the MTE Z Power?

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too bad you did not have the original VINET "MTE" version with an aluminum reflector....I installed a Cree in the MTE version and it is great having a really nice wide focused beam that has decent throw, and floods a large area. It is slightly brighter than my Surfire U2 on ceiling bounce and wall shot in a room.
2xTrinity said:
Ouch, in just about every case I can think of, claiming that an LED is 10W is (fortunately) an outright lie done as a marketing gimmick... in the case of the Glimt it sounds like it's actually true :lol: That light must get quite hot seeing as it's producing more than double the heat of the MTE and it's about the same size.

I also had a Vinet from Dealextreme that wasn't getting a whole lot of use until now (except for raiding the tailcap switch to use on the MTE) Unfortunately my MTE tailcap switch is now back on my MTE light -- although the tailcap from the Vinet works on the MTE, the MTE tailcap does not work on the Vinet. I just now ugpraded my Vinet to use a Cree -- popped out the original reflector with a small screwdriver, soldered in a new star from DX. Unfortunately, that reflector didn't work at all -- it was completely out of focus. I ended up dropping in a reflector from one of my Elly lights (which is using an optic at the moment), which works beautifully. The Vinet is direct drive, single CR123A. Due to Lithium's fairly level discharge curve I get 800mA on high, 350mA on low for the majority of the battery runtime.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too bad you did not have the original VINET "MTE" version with an aluminum reflector....I installed a Cree in the MTE version and it is great having a really nice wide focused beam that has decent throw, and floods a large area. It is slightly brighter than my Surfire U2 on ceiling bounce and wall shot in a room.
If one of those becomes available, especially with a Cree already installed, I'd buy at least one. I do think DX could use a good compact single CR123 Cree flashlight, as it is a lot easier to carry than a 2 CR123, or 18650 based light. I'm definitely impressed though with my MTE -- best throw of any LED light of mine by far (short of replacing my bulky 2D magLED with a Seoul somehow... I don't think I can solder something that small)