Does anyone still use their Inova 24/7?

faucon

Enlightened
I used to love these reviews. I'm pretty sure this might be the one that induced me to buy the 24/7 back in the day.

Phoebus

Newly Enlightened
I had one of these several years ago. I liked it quite a bit, but sadly I lost it. I know there are way better lights out there these days, but I wouldn't mind picking one up if I ever came across one again.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have mine. I'm looking at right now. It sits on my desk. More of a conversation piece than anything. I don't use it. :)

The appeal of Inova 24/7 is its four white LEDs have excellent color rendition with pure flood.

Inova 24/7 white LEDs are high quality and they light up everything not just a narrow defined hotspot.

The drawback is that its low mode is not as comforting as its high mode. You need the high mode to light up everything and on 1 CR123 battery, the high mode does not last long enough.

Last edited:

Flaptipulon

Newly Enlightened
Wow!

I just found this thread with a google search of "Inova 24/7". I was just curious to see if they were still around after just having used mine (which I've had for what seems like forever) today. I guess a part of me was also wondering the same thing as the OP, so I thought it was actually pretty cool to see a thread here with this specific title. Leave it to CPF to find somebody thinking the exact same thing about a somewhat obscure and outdated light emitting gadget ;)

So.. Yes! I technically still use my Inova 24/7 and I think it's a pretty awesome and unique little gem of a light. At the time I bought it, I really didn't have any practical reason (although as a flashoholic I may have made one up at the time) except that there was something just plain interesting about it. It grabbed my attention for some reason and I "had" to get one. I have the dark green "military" looking version. I have (other than just playing with it) mostly used it as a light to keep in the car/truck for emergencies, which leads me to an actual real use story where this light really came in handy:

I was driving to work at night (shift starting at 11pm, this was several years ago btw) and my engine suddenly shut down on a 3 lane highway.. I was able to make it to the right lane but there was no shoulder. To make matters worse the situation remained dangerous as and my lights and emergency blinkers would not function. Complete electrical malfunction.. I wasn't too worried about my own safety after I had gotten the heck out of the car and was a safe distance off the road with my cell calling the police to let them know the situation, but I was worried about other drivers coming up too fast and the possibility that they might hit my car making the situation worse. Then I remembered that I had my Inova 24/7 in the glovebox, so I quickly grabbed it and switched it to the 3 color strobe mode and set it on the rear of the car as a warning signal to other vehicles. It seemed to do a pretty good job of this until the police arrived. The officer even commented to me something along the lines of "nice job with the signaling, don't see that often". Anyway the tow truck showed up eventually and I got my vehicle out of there with no further mishaps. So maybe I was justified in buying that light after all ;) either way, I still like the light and don't regret buying it. It even still holds a bit of my fascination for its uniqueness.

A few additional thoughts I had after using it tonight for the first time in a few years, more of a "what if" feature type of thing based on some other lights capabilities.

Two additional lights I own specifically came to mind. One was my surefire kroma milspec, as this light also has a bunch of (16) colored secondary leds. The 2nd​ and more to the point of where my thinking was going was my nitecore srt-7. This light has only 3 secondary leds but all 3 are rgb, the point being that when you select one of the non-white color modes, all 3 leds come on in that color. Where I'm going with this is that like the kroma milspec, the inova 24/7 has only single color leds. It has a total of 8, 4 white, 2 red and 2 yellow. I couldn't help wondering (today's tech being what it is) what a current day model of a 24/7 light would be like with all 8 (or more, or less imagining some new non-existent model) leds being wrgb or a combination of w and rgb. I have not come across anything resembling this but if there is something out there similar to the good ol' 24/7 with updated specs and maybe brighter with the same type of unique functionality I'd be interested in checking it out.

Sorry for the long post but when I get to thinking about this sort of thing I just gotta get it out, and if CPF isn't an outlet for just that I don't know what is ;)

Cheers!

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers!
A new edition 24/7 would be great.
Maybe a floody 100 lumen LED at the center, plus the secondary spectrum LEDs at the side?
100 would be enough as I wouldn't need a gazilion lumens for that type of light, end ensure that battery life is optimal.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have mine, still functional. It's a peculiar but useful light. I like some of the LED patterns that INOVA created in this light, pretty creative (like the flashing white/yellow/red). I was wondering if anyone around here still used theirs and found this topic. I checked eBay and someone recently snapped up a set of 2 lightly used ones with headbands for about $60 shipped in less than half a day after it was listed, so some people are on the prowl to pick these up at low prices when they appear. That was a killer deal, considering original price for one was about that. These are terrific battery vampires due to those big ol' 5mm LED's.