• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired === Draco Reservation/Payment === (PART 2)

gregflier

Newly Enlightened
Paypal sent
CPF Handle = Gregflier
========Order List============
2x Aluminum Draco (Cree) 310
Flupic v2, Premium XRE
Any Serial #'s
6x 10280 battery 27
2x charging spacer 3
2x nano Charger 14
2x O ring 4
2x insurance chrome 6.7
shipping 5
Total $369.70
Deposit $140.00
Balance $229.70

I think I sent a "cash" paypal. If not, let me know and I'll be happy to add the 4%

Thanks,
Greg

DM51

Flashaholic
And now the Air Force completes the military lineup - with TWO Dracos on his first post!
Welcome to CPF, Greg!

iron horse

Newly Enlightened
2-14-2007

Order List

CPF handle = Iron Horse
1x Draco TICN (Complete Light)...$270.00
-with premium Cree XRE V2 FLuPC
1x Extra O ring.........$2.00
1x Nano AAA Chg......$7.00
2x 10280 Li-Ion........$9.00
1x Charging spacer...$1.50
S & H ....................$5.00
TICN insurance.......$4.40
Money Order...........$0.37
------------------------
Total....................$299.27

Money Order inbound
Paid in full..............$299.27

dgish

Newly Enlightened
Any idea of the shipping date on the chrome XRE lights? Dying to get my paws on it.

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
I'm trying to decide which options to go with on my Draco, and was hoping that I could turn to CPF instead of modamag for help - don't want to bother modamag and take him away from production right now! =)

Here goes:

1. Battery type: There are two battery choices: the 10280 and the 10440. Is the 10280 just a smaller battery that's only able to power the light for a shorter time? (I'm assuming so since the 10440 option apparently requires an "extension pack"). If so, can anyone help me get a rough idea of the difference in size and battery life between the two?

2. Light levels: Do I need to go with the flupic to get multiple levels on the Draco? Ideally I'd like to have a pre-programmed, two-level light, just like my PD, and not have to fuss with the programmability of the flupic. (Call me quirky). Does the "constant regulation" that's offered refer to one single, constant level, or is it the highest of two levels?

3. Cree Option - Pricing: If I want to go with the Cree'd Draco, is the right amount to send $155 (I think this is right), or is it the $130 + $85 Cree upgrade?

4. Turbo Head: Is there a turbo head available for the Cree-based Dracos? I noticed it's an option for the Luxeon-based lights, but not the crees. Ideally, I'd like to get one. =)

That's it! Thanks for all your help, CPF!

- FITP

dgish

Newly Enlightened
Ok FlashInThePan I'll take a crack at answering your questions, although I reserve the right to be completely wrong!

1. The extended tube is made to fit either a regular AAA battery or a 10440 recharegable (they're essentially the same size.) This option would add some flexibility in the power department.

2. The standard electronics offers two brightness settings (hi/lo) and uses current regulation to acheive it's work. The FluPic option is a programmable PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) controller that offers three levels (Burst/User adjustable/lo) of brightness. Flupic is more flexible and slightly more complex.

3. Cree option in aluminum is $155. The upgrade option is for people who bought a light already with the Luxeon and now want to be able to have a Cree emitter.

4. I believe that you are correct that the Turbo head is for the Lux only.

Hope that helps!

Luff

Enlightened
The Constant Current Regulation (350mA) Draco is a single-level light. That may change in a future revision.

dgish

Newly Enlightened
Luff said:
The Constant Current Regulation (350mA) Draco is a single-level light. That may change in a future revision.

Oops! Thanks for the correction. I got that 2 stage idea from here:

>>Electronic converter:
>>· [1]Constant Current Regulation (Hi/Lo)
>>· [2]PWM Control (Low/Usr/Burst)

That came from one of the original Draco introduction posts from about ten months ago. I didn't realize it changed.

DM51

Flashaholic
dgish said:
The extended tube is made to fit either a regular AAA battery or a 10440 recharegable (they're essentially the same size.) This option would add some flexibility in the power department.
This is not really accurate. A regular AAA is ~1.5 volts. A 10440 is indeed the same size physically (44mm long), but it is a Li-Ion rechargeable and ~3.7 volts. The Draco needs 3.7v, so although a regular AAA will actually fit into the extended body, it won't work as 1.5v is too low. There is not the sort of flexibility with AAA cells that you had in mind.

The 10280 cell (also a 3.7v rechargeable) is the standard size for the Draco (28mm long). It fits in the normal-length body tube, giving the smallest configuration for the light. The 10440 with the extended body gives a bit of extra runtime, but it lengthens the light by 16mm (½ inch) from 47mm to 63mm. Most people want the Draco for its astonishingly bright output coupled with its tiny size – extended runtime is not really an important consideration with this light.

dgish

Newly Enlightened
DM51 said:
This is not really accurate. A regular AAA is ~1.5 volts. A 10440 is indeed the same size physically (44mm long), but it is a Li-Ion rechargeable and ~3.7 volts.

Yes, thank you for pointing that out. Not thinking clearly, sorry folks.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys/gals were getting close to the finally. I just updated the order list on post #2.

If everything is OK no need to confirm.
If there is any discrepancy please drop me a PM and provide me your fullname and transaction (PayPal) time.

shokunin

Newly Enlightened
Hey Modamag,

I could have sworn I had my order listed but can't find my post, although my deposit is shown on the list.

=== Order List ===
$270.00 1x TiCN Draco
FluPIC+Cree XRE
$9.00 2x10280 Li-Ion
$5.00 S&H
$4.40 Insurance
------
$288.40
-125.00 deposit
---------

$163.40 Remainder PP Sent.

Last edited:

billybright

Enlightened
Hi Jonathan,

Paypal sent for my outstanding balance of $183.50

really looking forward to receiving my Draco!

thanks.gif

billybright said:
$120.00 paypal Deposit sent
smile.gif

==Order List==

1x Titanium Draco TiCN
[1]Flupic-ucV2 Cree-XRE.....$270.00

2x extra Orings..................$4.00
2x charging spacers............$3.00
3x Li-Ion 10280..................$13.50
1x nano charger.................$7.00
International shipping..........$6.00