Drop ins with throw

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I can't seem to find anything currently on malkoff's website that gives p60 lights a throw drop in. I would love a high candela thrower m61 in warm white. Has malkoff made anything like that in the past that I should be looking for?

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
Are you needing more throw than the M61T or M61 HOT? Also, nor warm tint with either.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has malkoff made anything like that in the past that I should be looking for?
If you want to smash that buy button now —and want something other than the much beloved M61T and M61Hot — then you'll have to order a dropin from a modder.

You can get a Triple optic with whatever LED you want on a shell that will drop into a Malkoff MDX/22.3 head.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Are you needing more throw than the M61T or M61 HOT? Also, nor warm tint with either.

I think either one of those would be just fine aside from I really don't want cool white. Will an m61hot work in a p60 light? I noticed malkoff only sells it loaded in an md2 head.

If you want to smash that buy button now —and want something other than the much beloved M61T and M61Hot — then you'll have to order a dropin from a modder.

You can get a Triple optic with whatever LED you want on a shell that will drop into a Malkoff MDX/22.3 head.

It's not something I have to have right this second, and I do want to stick with malkoff. The m61t would be perfect if there was a warm white or even a neutral.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Megalamuffin - Is what I'm saying is you can't stick with Malkoff to meet your request.

You will need to round up a group buy of 25 folks wanting a neutral light designed for maximum lumen performance. Or have Vinh build you exactly what you want.

Cree XHP 70 LED

Newly Enlightened
@Megalamuffin - Is what I'm saying is you can't stick with Malkoff to meet your request.

You will need to round up a group buy of 25 folks wanting a neutral light designed for maximum lumen performance. Or have Vinh build you exactly what you want.
He isn't looking for lumens just candela in the proper tint. Gene said neutral tints don't play well with the optics he uses. A refector based module can obviously use any tint.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
He isn't looking for lumens just candela in the proper tint. Gene said neutral tints don't play well with the optics he uses. A refector based module can obviously use any tint.
Double fisting Bangs coming in hot!
Regardless of the verbiage, he won't find it without someone else building it

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Is the M61 hot useable in a sf host, and if so is it worth it over an m61t with 16650's, 16340's and 123's?

Also regarding a custom option, is warm white with high cri and high candela even a combination that can exist? I don't need a bunch of lumens, around 500 is fine.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the M61 hot useable in a sf host, and if so is it worth it over an m61t with 16650's, 16340's and 123's?

Also regarding a custom option, is warm white with high cri and high candela even a combination that can exist? I don't need a bunch of lumens, around 500 is fine.

How far do you need to throw?
Quantify high candela.
Best bet that you can get today will be a SST20 3000K 95CRI...it should throw around 300 meters?

They make this triple lens...It's probably as good as it gets if you want a warm white high cri option: https://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=68_69&product_id=62

Cree has some a new HCRI option: XHP50.3 in 2700K-5000K

Here is where you get the custom warm white highcri "high candela" dropin: https://skylumen.com/products/p60vn-light-engines?_pos=2&_sid=49dec030c&_ss=r

Tell Vinh what you want and see what he comes up with. There might not be an option...he'll tell you one way or another.

michaex

Enlightened
That would have to be sitting in an MDX head, right? Or still a drop-in for VME/SF?

It it would be the latter, I'm in.

TIR all the way, diffusers are available for non-believers ;)

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can easily build a TIR triple with a lens designed for a max spot that fits in the VME.
It can be whatever LED and tint wanted.