DX AA Host needed, again wrong delivery!

krutzbeuazen

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

i need a bunch of hosts for modification. small size, AA cell, with slim body/head.
I ordered DX SKU 2070, and again they sent me a new version, which is pretty useless! thats the second time already, by now i have around 30 useless (as unmoddable) flashlights from DX.. *sigh*
the host should have a metal screw-in holder in the head, for better heat-transfer as well as so the whole stuff doesnt fall out..
pic attached.

can anyone hint me to a single AA flashlight from DX with such a metal holder? since the flashlights get "improved" so often by DX, it would be great if someone received one of those recently?
if someone has, say, 10 hosts for sale, much interested. DX' shippingtime is killing me..

thanks a lot!

Manuel

Last edited by a moderator:

herulach

Enlightened
Romisen RC-I3 is a 123/aa host that fits the bill, maybe check out bessie bennies thread?
Hi all,

i need a bunch of hosts for modification. small size, AA cell, with slim body/head.
I ordered DX SKU 2070, and again they sent me a new version, which is pretty useless! thats the second time already, by now i have around 30 useless (as unmoddable) flashlights from DX.. *sigh*
the host should have a metal screw-in holder in the head, for better heat-transfer as well as so the whole stuff doesnt fall out..
pic attached.

can anyone hint me to a single AA flashlight from DX with such a metal holder? since the flashlights get "improved" so often by DX, it would be great if someone received one of those recently?
if someone has, say, 10 hosts for sale, much interested. DX' shippingtime is killing me..

thanks a lot!

Manuel

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's very difficult to make a decent host for $5US. The Romisen RC-A3 is $15, but will have all aluminum parts.

krutzbeuazen

Newly Enlightened
It's very difficult to make a decent host for $5US. The Romisen RC-A3 is $15, but will have all aluminum parts.

can i expect all 15$ lights to have all aluminum parts? if i can be sure, i'll order some romisen/ultrafire ones. there are no pics of the heads online. if i get bad ones again, losing weeks of time and more money, i might as well quit it altogether. there are no payable alternatives here, and i got enough grey hairs with DX already.

csshih:
believe me, you dont want that. those lights were in the 5$ range, so that still adds up to 150$. they are useless. for useing too dim, for modding too cheap, heck, one model (15x) cant even be opened at all! they all gather dust, occupy space, and are given away to anyone who dont have any yet. yes, i almost hate that pile of cheap expensive metal! :)

manuel

krutzbeuazen

Newly Enlightened
i wont use cheap flashlights any more. my plan is to build a matched set of pointers, with violet, green, orange and red. i use an AA host, bore/file it out to accept a single CR2 cell, and then have enough space to fit everything inside.

i found two nice hosts now. after several hours and looking through *every single* AA flashlight with a branded LED!

TrustFire TR-802 Cree Q5-WC sku.13097
Cree Q5-WC 6-Mode Memory sku.16607

if anyone posts a pic with a look into the head of those two flashlight i will gladly paypal 10$ to him or cpf!

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
i wont use cheap flashlights any more. my plan is to build a matched set of pointers, with violet, green, orange and red. i use an AA host, bore/file it out to accept a single CR2 cell, and then have enough space to fit everything inside.

i found two nice hosts now. after several hours and looking through *every single* AA flashlight with a branded LED!

TrustFire TR-802 Cree Q5-WC sku.13097
Cree Q5-WC 6-Mode Memory sku.16607

if anyone posts a pic with a look into the head of those two flashlight i will gladly paypal 10$ to him or cpf!

It won't be a picture, but I can tell you for sure that the 13097 will be all metal.

krutzbeuazen

Newly Enlightened
The TR-802 is probably built very similar to the TR-803 which has some photos here. If this was usefull you can send the paypal to CPF.

great, thank you CampingLED!
i ordered said flashlight, lets see if this time its useful!
/me is cpf-cupporter now! :)

manuel