Electric Vampires

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Last night I finally got around to doing a check on both my computer & entertainment setup that I have Off or on Stand-by.
Gotta say, I wasn't overly impressed with myself for some things I should really fully unplug, of flip the main power switch.
(in particular with my DVR supposedly Off)
Between my the two separate systems above: the electric drain was OVER 100W in the Off & Stand-by position.
That's not being used, every night, for years.

Rather pissed about that!

Must say, what really bugged me was the sound system on my computer which used 15~17W every second, not making any sound, with computer On or stand-by.
Yes, it's Off right now.

The main reason I never really wanted to know the electricity drain, is because I just didn't want to do a full reboot everyday on stuff.
...so, the conundrum.
Overall, having a Kill-o-Watt to measure electronic drain, to see what you are spending everyday on things 'Off" is important,,
although a bit painful view.

{quick funny,, my keyboard all the sudden ran out of juice typing this out, hmmm.}}}:alien:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Reference: my electricity usage is approx. $1100~1200/year depending on summer heat.
- electric hot water heater, including oven/stove, lawnmower, various tools ect.
(running either one or two dehumidifiers in my basement during the summer, that takes mucho juice)

Working on trimming that $ above

edit: reworked my yearly usage number

Last edited: