epilogue

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
As I've said before, the AAA Standard is the one and only ARC that I have.

It rides on a Paracord lanyard around my neck when I leave the house.

Last night I played Poker. To get to the restroom took walking through a DARK hallway and bedroom. I whipped the arc out from under my shirt and had all the light I needed!

I felt compelled to show it to my fellow players and tell them how it was never to be made again.

But I knew they wouldn't understand (and couldn't get one for themselves anyhow!)

So I rest secure in the knowledge that I have the very best compact last ditch EDC in the world!!!

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too (along with everyone on CPF and the majority of lighting enthusiasts around the world most likely) am sorry to see Arc's passing. Just kicking myself in the fact that I never got my ArcLS. Was always going to, but it was that bit too expensive at the time. Then two months before I would actually be able to afford a Second...this happens.

Still, my ArcAAA Standard still resides on my keychain, and will do permenentely. The best tribute to Arc is to use the products as they were intended.

Still mourn the fact that I'll never see an LS for myself though!

All the best for the future!

Mark2

Enlightened
I was really kind of sad when I learned about this. Peter and Merri were always friendly and helpful and the ARC products for me symbolize the (sometimes hidden) wish of every engineer to achieve perfection in a world with so many mediocre products. I dearly hope that there's a phoenix somewhere in these ashes.

All the best for the future!