Experience with AceBeam 21700 cell with built-in powerbank feature

Henk99

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

Recently I have become more interested high end flashlights and I read some very interesting information on this forum. Based on that I was in doubt a bit about the Fenix UC35 or Fenix PD36R as my first 'professional' flashlight. I am planning to carry it around daily, but I also like to carry around a power bank and I don't want to carry to much.

Then I saw something that really interested me, which is 21700 cell which does not only have a built in USB port for charging but can also discharge a small amount of power at 5V/1A. Escpially combined with the PD36R this was interesting to me because I then would have a powerfull flashlight and a powerbank in one device. Also because the Fenix has USB-C and the 21700 cell has Micro-USB I have 3 three option for charging; via a charger, a micro-USB cable directly in the cell and a USB-C cable in the flashlight.

Problem is I could only find one brand that makes these and not many information about the quality; Which is de AceBeam IMR21700NP-5100 mAh battery. I am not sure if I am allowed to link here to the shop so I put a picture below;
[img=1200,900]https://tweakers.net/ext/f/54zTdBsCPosg1viW2qkCwAof/full.jpg[/img]

So regarding this product I have a few question;
- Does anyone know if AceBeam uses good quality cells? I don't need the best battery but it should be of reasonable quality at least
- Does someone if this AceBeam battery is compatible with the Fenix flashlight? The Original Fenix ARB-L21-5000 battery is 76 x 21.55 mm while the Acebeam is 74.88 x 21.4 mm, almost the same.
- Does someone know if problems are to expecting from charging up the AceBeam cell with the built in USB-C circuit of the Fenix flashlight?

I am sorry for maybe asking something obvious, but I am kind of new to these kind of products and I know batteries are potential dangerous goods so I just want to make sure that what I am trying is compatabile. It would certainly be a great solution for me if It works.