• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Failed DT70 - be advised

lstmichel

Enlightened
Hello,
I'm so sorry about your problem.
We will contact banggood at once,we will askl banggood to do for you,they will give you a good reply.

Please trust banggood,trust Imalent.

Thanks very much.

Best regards.

Jasmine

The light has been sent back to china at my expense - waiting to see what happens.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Going gear sent my dd4r back to china for me. I'm going to contact them tomorrow to see if they heard anything back on it. They've only had it 4 months

lstmichel

Enlightened
Going gear sent my dd4r back to china for me. I'm going to contact them tomorrow to see if they heard anything back on it. They've only had it 4 months

I had considered a DD4r as well - but right now I don't really have any confidence in Imalent products.
let us know when you hear back - my DT70 only when out Friday so I don't expect anything for a while.

Timo5150

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up. I have been looking at the dt70 and another Imalent light but now I think I will pass. Thanks

lstmichel

Enlightened
Final post

I spent $30 more to return to the light to Banggood with a tracking number.
Banggood claims they never received the light and will not refund the original $300 purchase.
so now I am out $330 for a bad product and dealing with an unethical company.

use this information as you see fit.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Final post

I spent $30 more to return to the light to Banggood with a tracking number.
Banggood claims they never received the light and will not refund the original $300 purchase.
so now I am out $330 for a bad product and dealing with an unethical company.

use this information as you see fit.

Hmmm... And what about your parcel tracking number? What does it say?

May be I am overreacting, but I order even $6 worth batteries with a tracking option if available.

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just sent a pm to imalent. Hopefully they're monitoring and can give me an estimated time I can get my light back. It's slightly over 5 months, of that I'm counting. It's a good thing I don't depend on it for a living. Can you imagine if cops had to send their guns back for repair? Would you rather be out of work for 5 months or go on the road without a gun?

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Poor quality lights and poor service from Bang Good and Imalent. So not right.
The new 26650 lights looked so nice at first glance - goes to show that we may need to stick with known good quality brands.

Thanks guys for letting the rest of us know what's been up with these lights so we don't get ripped off.

This is really a sad situation.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
funny (In a sad sort of way)
I also had a DN70 fail - but I purchased it as a groupbuy and ONLY paid $60 for it - so I just wrote it off.
so I have a DN70 and a DT70 fail - I thought I would fight the DT70 ($300) failure but ...

A guy on the CPL forum warned about "Imalent"; but I thought that was a long time ago, thinks have likely changed .... haha NOT

BTW my Dn70 got "burn your hand hot" really fast - and then failed - it is really hard to put the "magic smoke" back into the ASIC's

Your failed DN70 deserves a thread of its own to warn others as well.

lstmichel

Enlightened
Your failed DN70 deserves a thread of its own to warn others as well.

I wasn't going to even fight DT70 - but someone I respect suggested I should ...
10 hours of aggravation and more $$ later - its time to move on.
aginthelaw - let me know how your situation works out.

I have a X45vn (25,000 lumen) on order - for about the same $$$ as the DT70
from a real manufacturer and a mod'r who provides a real warranty.
20-20 hind sight - I was impatient for the 4xXHP70 format - now I will have 4xXHP70.2 :)

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
For all this aggravation I should have sent it to one of the guys on blf to make a engineer's signal lamp out of it

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, imalent states they never got my light shipped back to them thru the vendor. Vendor offered me a replacement light at the same price. I picked a light and they sent me the wrong one. Of course since I peeled the wrapping off the box to find out why the picture doesn't match what I ordered they're not taking it back.

Capolini

Banned
^^^

That is terrible.

What kind of customer service is that? How do they and how long will they be in business?!

The last stock light I bought was a SC62[Z'Light]. Been working perfect since 10.14.2014....I just remembered! I bought an Olight i3s-CU about 1 year ago!

This is not intended to make you feel worse!

It is as simple as Zebralight and Olight are much better quality and have better customer service.

I lost the "Cigar ring" on my M2Xvn a few months ago and Olightworld sent me Two of them for free. It was not costly for them but shows what a good company will do.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be insulted. What are they saying? You're too clumsy to hold onto the replacement? Just kidding. I was dropped as a child. Yep, based on this last kick to the twig and berries, that's another vendor I won't be dealing with.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for your troubles. It's prevalent stories like this that make me happy to buy my lights from Vinh. The quality is there, factory deficiencies have been corrected, specs are always conservative, he stands behind his lights 100%.

Except for an occasional, cheap $10 novelty light from China, that I won't lose sleep over, Vinh gets all my business.

Capolini

Banned
Got my Acebeam X45vn today and the quality is nowhere near the Imalent DT70.

In fact it scares me. So I'll be looking into a refund.
Vinh already made a recall for that light on 5.8.2017.

You probably know about it.

X45vn Recall!

I will need all X45vn back to upgrade the circuit with new electrolytic capacitor for increased reliability. Currently the tested lights can work fine but might eventually glitch. I am not even sure why it doesn't glitch right away or during testing. Please send me an email for recall shipping label. If you got a light that is working fine you are welcome to use it until something goes wrong. Thank You and sorry for the inconvenience.

[email protected]

Wayne

Capolini

Banned
And that is the beauty of working with Vinh - you will get a refund (or repair if you prefer)
good luck getting the same with imalant

No doubt Vinh will take care of him. He always has taken care of me and will make things right.

From my experience, that reassurance does Not make a person feel any better because of the intitial frustration of having to send the light back. And he lives in England!

There is also another side of this and it "Comes with the territory". That territory is Vinh does the work of Three people. It is inevitable that sooner or later defects are going to be missed. It happened to me Twice in my 3.5 Vinh career!

It is a no win for anyone. The customer is frustrated and Vinh loses time and money. The only way to prevent it is to hire someone to thoroughly inspect the lights before shipment. That won't happen and even if it did,mistakes will still happen, just at a lesser rate. We all make them.

lstmichel

Enlightened
No doubt Vinh will take care of him. He always has taken care of me and will make things right.

From my experience, that reassurance does Not make a person feel any better because of the intitial frustration of having to send the light back. And he lives in England!

There is also another side of this and it "Comes with the territory". That territory is Vinh does the work of Three people. It is inevitable that sooner or later defects are going to be missed. It happened to me Twice in my 3.5 Vinh career!

It is a no win for anyone. The customer is frustrated and Vinh loses time and money. The only way to prevent it is to hire someone to thoroughly inspect the lights before shipment. That won't happen and even if it did,mistakes will still happen, just at a lesser rate. We all make them.

This thread got started (by me, mostly as a warning) because of issues with imalent and banggood.
At the end of 6 months, 10+ hours of working with imalent / banggood / paypal, and the final loss of $330 - I get the frustration; I got effed with no possible recourse.
I work for a manufacturer and yes we have had occasional recalls - (so I get this side of the frustration as well), but we make it right for our customers.

As you say mistakes will happen - it's how they are handled that makes the all difference.

I was the first one to have the X45 issue - mine is back with Vinh for repair - that fact that it will get repaired gives me peace of mind. YMMV :)

Last edited:

lstmichel

Enlightened
The driver and battery carrier mods on my X45vn are both substandard, this is my 7th Vinh light ordered and I'm left with just a TN40vn that has a split rubber and rounded threads. 6 lights I ordered now don't have.

Not to marginalize your experiences - but this is the wrong thread; I doubt that Vinh reads this one.

Latest posts