Faulty Nitecore SRT-7?

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure the indicator shows voltage drop under load. When I did a step down time test on my light, I got the flashing led using an Eagletac 3100mah after about 2 minutes. The battery was not completely charged when I did this. I saw no noticeable output drop from the light, though. However, if your light is showing low voltage after only 20 seconds on both fresh CR123's and 18650's, something's definitely wrong. I'd send it back.

aau007

Enlightened
I am pretty sure voltage is not the single measurement for triggering the blinking. If I have to guess, the blinking is determined by total wattage in. Therefore, both a low voltage battery or low drain battery can trigger the blinking.

dsherlock

Newly Enlightened
Hi, sorry for the lack of response, have been away for a while.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and help. I ended up sending the torch back, and I have been sent a new one which seems a lot better, although the red power LED does still seem a little random. I put a new fully charged 18650 in the new torch, and the power LED started blinking every 2 seconds. After about 30 seconds, it stopped, so not sure if it takes some time to measure the power of the battery?

Anyway, this torch seems to be OK and it doesn't die after the few few minutes, so I'm happy.

Cheers

nimzotech

Newly Enlightened
During the past month I ordered the Nitecore SRT7 two times from Amazon; both of them were returned for a refund. The problem was simply that flashlight would never turn on. I tried various fully charged 18650 batteries but no go. I then tested my 4sevens maelstrom with the same batteries and it worked fine. So I got my refund the first time and immediately ordered a replacement. The second SRT7 arrived but also did not turn on. I contacted Nitecore but did not hear back from them. Happy year of the Horse! -Not in my nitecore experience department though.

As far as I'm concerned there are some serious manufacturing defects in these SRT7s and Nitecore lacks quality control. I'm not ordering another Nitecore flashlight (period)

den331

Newly Enlightened
did you use a bottom top cell?
During the past month I ordered the Nitecore SRT7 two times from Amazon; both of them were returned for a refund. The problem was simply that flashlight would never turn on. I tried various fully charged 18650 batteries but no go. I then tested my 4sevens maelstrom with the same batteries and it worked fine. So I got my refund the first time and immediately ordered a replacement. The second SRT7 arrived but also did not turn on. I contacted Nitecore but did not hear back from them. Happy year of the Horse! -Not in my nitecore experience department though.

As far as I'm concerned there are some serious manufacturing defects in these SRT7s and Nitecore lacks quality control. I'm not ordering another Nitecore flashlight (period)

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think too that you may just have used flat-top cells - apparently most or all of the SRT and P series lights only work with button-top cells.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Well, I just got a SRT6 and using 2 fresh CR123, the red LED does blink rapidly when the ring is near or at full brightness.

Do I have a deffective light?

Thank you.