FCW #19 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - Oct. 13th-15th 2023 Stokes State Forest.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Three different weather stations are saying rain starts Friday night and doesn't stop until Monday early evening. Trust me, I hate to cancle, but I don't think this one will be anything but a washout.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear that it is canceled since I was really excited to meet everyone for my first flashlight meetup. I have my stuff packed so if anyone changes their mind I'll still be ready to go, and I'm okay with the chance of rain on Saturday night. It would be great if the weather clears up in the next few days! But for the spring my first choice would be May, since I'd rather wear a light hoodie than deal with bugs in June, and I'd buy myself a light as an early birthday gift. :)
Thanks for the feedback Dewy. 👍 Looking forward to meeting you.

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Everyone,

I do believe we made the right choice to cancel/postpone and reschedule FCW #19. The weather at Stokes (Branchville NJ) for this weekend is predicted to be very wet and cold. With rain beginning Friday night and continuing straight through Sunday, with more than an inch of rain forecast for Saturday alone!

Well I have heard back from so many of you, via this forum, text messages, emails, and phone conversations, and I really appreciate all of your thoughts and feedback. The overwhelming consensus is that roughly 90% of you prefer the cooler weather option. I tend to agree with that choice, but didn't want to make that decision on my own.

Hopefully the historical average temps that the Weather Channel website shows, and I presented to you guys, will be accurate. Obviously, the temps can always swing cooler or warmer than the averages. With that said, we can always build a bigger fire, or put on some warmer clothes, however, I agree with those who stated that they really didn't want to sit around a camp fire or cook over a fire when it was too warm. And as another point, I also agree that the earlier, cooler option should present less bugs.

And so with all of that information put together, I present our rescheduled FCW #19 date: Thursday May 9th - Sunday May 12th.

As you can see by the date range, I've added Thursday to offer a nice extension to the trip. The location stays the same: Stokes State Forest, Group Campsite Z.

Thanks again for all of your input and understanding. I look forward to seeing so many old friends again, and meeting some new ones in May. --Tim

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Everyone,

I do believe we made the right choice to cancel/postpone and reschedule FCW #19. The weather at Stokes (Branchville NJ) for this weekend is predicted to be very wet and cold. With rain beginning Friday night and continuing straight through Sunday, with more than an inch of rain forecast for Saturday alone!

Well I have heard back from so many of you, via this forum, text messages, emails, and phone conversations, and I really appreciate all of your thoughts and feedback. The overwhelming consensus is that roughly 90% of you prefer the cooler weather option. I tend to agree with that choice, but didn't want to make that decision on my own.

Hopefully the historical average temps that the Weather Channel website shows, and I presented to you guys, will be accurate. Obviously, the temps can always swing cooler or warmer than the averages. With that said, we can always build a bigger fire, or put on some warmer clothes, however, I agree with those who stated that they really didn't want to sit around a camp fire or cook over a fire when it was too warm. And as another point, I also agree that the earlier, cooler option should present less bugs.

And so with all of that information put together, I present our rescheduled FCW #19 date: Thursday May 9th - Sunday May 12th.

As you can see by the date range, I've added Thursday to offer a nice extension to the trip. The location stays the same: Stokes State Forest, Group Campsite Z.

Thanks again for all of your input and understanding. I look forward to seeing so many old friends again, and meeting some new ones in May. --Tim

Appreciate your diligence and keeping us dry Tim!
I'll definitely be there for a day or 2.

Dewy

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone,

That sounds great! Also I'm now glad the meet was canceled since I already feel like I'm getting sick from this cold damp weather. This also means more time to collect lights before my first flashlight meet up 🤣

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm late to the party but I just watched the weather and the right decision was made, Thats for sure!
See everybody in May! Lets hope for cool and dry weather!

Poppy

Flashaholic

Thanks again @KartRacer31 for putting this together.

Is it possible to change the title so that it reflects the updated date?

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only a few months away!

Is a new thread going to be started? Only asking because it took me a minute to find the new dates....lol

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can an old retired CPF member be included in the shenanigans?

I have been informed by a soon to be revealed source, that there is an updated camping weekend with my name on it!