JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
The movement in them are fantasic, the watch bodies are so so. Angus has been thinking about making different bodies for the movement.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the X6HR--I'm happy with it and it's functions/menus. The only problem is the face is on the larger size for my wrist.

SolarFlare

Enlightened
I've got the titanium observer, with leather strap. Heard some bad reports about the other straps but this one has been fine. You've probably read about the alarm being on the quiet side, I can confirm at least on the observer its too quiet. I haven't adjusted the time in a few months and its still on the dot. Battery is user replaceable, so no more getting ripped off by jewellers :grin2: . I love mine HTH.

observer.jpg

Oh and the screen is much clearer than mine, I've got a piece of a palm screen protector cut and placed over it

Last edited:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the replies so far! That pic looks like a great watch too :)

Does anyone know if any these have a vibrating alarm feature?

I was basically considering the watch for the HR monitor to track the effects of my surroundings on my heart/mood etc. You can upload it to online analysis software to get some great information. Seems like a really fun and good learning experiment to do.

I also like the altimeter and thermometer and inclinometers for the heck of it. Gadgets for the urbanite :)

The actual daily useful items like coundown timers, alarms and stopwatch/lap timers are all available on my cellphone through the MS Windows mobile Smartphone software. I think my SMT5600 is the wicked s*&t!!!

These Suunto watches seem like really nice products. Please post more experiences for us interested people.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not know about their watches, but their compasses are first rate, I have used them for several years exclusively, and have not one time been let down by them, even their cheapest Clipper watchband compass is excellant, the best I have ever found. I would give their watches a try also if I liked digital watches. I have not seen any analog watches they make, I dont believe they do.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
CroMAGnet said:
I was basically considering the watch for the HR monitor to track the effects of my surroundings on my heart/mood etc.
I spent a lot of time "trying out" watches before I settled on this one.

The HR function on mine is nice but it has a drawback--the strap to hold the wireless hr monitor around the chest. It's an elastic strap with a quick disconnect attached to a few inches of plastic. I have never gotten to a point were I don't realize it's there. I've run, hiked and biked with it, even spent a 12 hour shift with it, and I just kept thinking that I need to just glue it on next time--but then it'd probably fall off
frown.gif

Other than that the rest of the functions are spot on.

Maybe you might want to consider a Polar watch if you're considering primarily HR functions. I have heard that they are good, but don't have the options of the Suunto brand.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
flownosaj said:
CroMAGnet said:
I was basically considering the watch for the HR monitor to track the effects of my surroundings on my heart/mood etc.
I spent a lot of time "trying out" watches before I settled on this one.

The HR function on mine is nice but it has a drawback--the strap to hold the wireless hr monitor around the chest. It's an elastic strap with a quick disconnect attached to a few inches of plastic. I have never gotten to a point were I don't realize it's there. I've run, hiked and biked with it, even spent a 12 hour shift with it, and I just kept thinking that I need to just glue it on next time--but then it'd probably fall off
frown.gif

Other than that the rest of the functions are spot on.

Maybe you might want to consider a Polar watch if you're considering primarily HR functions. I have heard that they are good, but don't have the options of the Suunto brand.
Thanks for posting! I have a Polar brand already. I was wondering it the Suunto could pick up the Polar strap info. That would take care of the problem you have with the strap. The analysis software from suunto sounds kewl though. What's it like when you upload the HR data? Please elaborate. :)

rim74

Newly Enlightened
I've got an X6HR and about the only drawback is the short
battery life. It seems like the more you switch between features
the shorter the battery life. I've had a new battery last as little
as 3 months.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
CroMAGnet said:
What's it like when you upload the HR data? Please elaborate.

Actually, I've never used the program for the HR monitor. I've just used it as a visual refrence while doing whatever I was doing. Guess I could count in my head, but I'm lazy. :laughing:

The Suunto website has a visual of the program and what the features are.

Like Rim said, the battery life is short, but luckily it's easy to replace and the batteries aren't all that expensive if bought in bulk :naughty:

Last edited: