FEELER: Montblanc, Prometheus Lights style

Light Mage

Newly Enlightened
i get home from work and the first thing i hear from my 9 year old daughter is dad what did you order now. No shipping notice happy surprise my pair of pens (one ti one al) when she sees them she asks "can i have your tuff writer", i had been using. I have to say i love these pens and would be glad to trade them for the tuff writer any day of the week.

Z-Tab

Enlightened
climberkid, maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but the Montblanc Rollerball refills I have are definitely threaded.

Theron

Newly Enlightened
Any chance of a fountain pen getting made?

That would give me interest.

mattp

Enlightened
Yes, I've had one for a couple of weeks now, it's easily my favourite pen and is the only full size pen I've ever EDC'd. It is tough enough to do so, the clip is perfect, and it doesn't unscrew the cap from the body in your pocket like some pens can. It's not left my side since I received it. I polished it with some Purple Polish which took the matte tumbled finish back to a much nicer shine, it's a robust shiny tumbled appearance not quite as polished looking as the EN version, and holds up well. The light weight of the Al pen is kind of nice, but to be honest I haven't used it at all as the Ti has taken precedence. Since it arrived I've not used any of my other pens (brass Render K, stainless steel Maxmadco, polished Ti Tuff Writer, Ti and Cu Embassy pens, various space pens, stainless Benchmade pen, Cu, brass and stainless Hinderer Investigators, brass Hinderer Extreme Duty); the Fineliner refill has a lot to do with it too.
Kudos to Jason, this pen is awesome.

aaltl

Newly Enlightened
Great to hear that. Have yet to receive any notice. Am really looking forward to this one.

mattp

Enlightened
y8utyzu7.jpg

EN Al on the left, 'polished' Ti on the right.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my shipping notice this morning. By early next week I should be enjoying my EN plated aluminum pen. The MB Fineliner refills are ready to go!

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, does anybody have a source for refills in Ontario, Canada? Have been looking around and not found anything. This is not something I normally buy, so I am kinda at a loss... The shipping from the US is too high for these small items.

This is what I want to get:
Mont Blanc Rollerball Refill Medium Red
AND
Montblanc Fineliner Refills Blue

Don't have pen yet but need to be prepared :)

Thanks so much.
eala

Dingle1911

Enlightened
Ok, does anybody have a source for refills in Ontario, Canada? Have been looking around and not found anything. This is not something I normally buy, so I am kinda at a loss... The shipping from the US is too high for these small items.

AND

Thanks so much.
eala

I cannot speak for Canada, but here is what i tried. I had very little luck trying to use the Montblanc website to find a dealer. The roller ball refills seemed to be available at some office supply store. I hit the jack pot at the jewelery stores in a large mall near my house, they were a Montblanc dealer even though the website didn't list them. I hope you can find the fine liner refills, they are sweet.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened

AND

Thanks so much.
eala

I'm not in Canada, so I don't really know anything. But if Staples or Office Depot can't help you out, perhaps Stylo.CA/EN???

I get my rollerballs at Staples, and FineLiners at the MontBlanc store in the mall within walking distance of my house.

nbp

Flashaholic
Are those who are getting pens now still the Kickstarter backers? Have non-Kickstarter pre-order pens started shipping yet?

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the tips. I did already try Staples and they did not have them (I may just have to try a couple others) and that stylo.ca store is out of stock. I guess everybody is preparing for their pens :)

Office Depot don't have stores up here and their Canadian site does not sell Montblanc that I can find.

I'll keep searching around.

eala

I'm not in Canada, so I don't really know anything. But if Staples or Office Depot can't help you out, perhaps Stylo.CA/EN???

I get my rollerballs at Staples, and FineLiners at the MontBlanc store in the mall within walking distance of my house.

nbp

Flashaholic
Doesn't Amazon ship to Canada? There are sellers on that site; that's where I ordered from.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't Amazon ship to Canada? There are sellers on that site; that's where I ordered from.

I tried and the ones I put in my box (and I tried a few) would not. Bit puzzled by this. I liken it to buying batteries. Maybe my boss is right: I'm not trying hard enough. :)