Fenix Batteries

Lumen_Human

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. New to the forum and have a question for you all. Does Fenix use name brand batteries in their cells from either Panasonic, LG, or Samsung, or do their cells come from some other manufacturer?

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Fenix has their own brand of batteries that they include with their lights, and also sell seperately.

I've never heard anything about if they actually manufacture them or have another company who makes them and puts the Fenix brand on them. You may have to research that.

I've had lots of them, and they seem to be of a high quality.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the past I head read that Fenix 18650s were rewraps of Pansonic or Sanmsung cells.

I searched again today and can easily still find some sources online still stating this:

"The Fenix 18650 3400mAh (ARB-L2S) rechargeable batteries with electronics protection (protected) are based on Panasonic's top-of-the-line NCR18650B cells with improved LiNiCoO2 technology, which brings greater safety and longer life."

Either way, I own over two dozens Fenix 18650s and only battery, after quite a bit of use, died. For the rest, they have all worked well and haven't had any problems with them.