Fenix E11 Headband Combo

JHarperEMS

Newly Enlightened
I am looking at getting at single AA headlamp. I have been considering the Fenix AA with the Fenix head band. I like the idea of a side of the head mounted light, and I like the E11's price point. I know that the E11 is limited on modes, but I have a quark aa2 that always rides in my pocket. The e11 would simply be a "backup" or when hands free lighting is needed. Anyone have any experience with this combination, or can you weigh in with any information regarding this? I greatly appreciate the input!

Thanks!
Jesse

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the forum, Jesse.

You might have a look at this thread for some possible variations with the Fenix headband.

Fenix Headband + Throw Light + ZebraLight Flood

The Fenix Headband offers a lot of advantages in versatility, but one disadvantage is the bulk and weight. It's got great ability for adjustment of flashlight angle with its rotating holders to meet the needs of many situations...and the headband can be used to combine multiple lights when desired.

When I've used it, I've tired to take advantage of having both a floody lamp up front (like one of the ZebraLight lamps) and a throw light on the side. When using only a flashlight that does not have a particularly wide beam, you have to do a lot of head movement to direct the light where you need it. Of course, directing the light where you need it is no more than you'd have to do with the same flashlight held in hand...and the headband absolutely frees up both hands so neither has to be occupied with the flashlight.

The first three photos in the following post from the thread referenced above show something similar to what you're looking at (this is with a NiteCore D10 on the side)...but with a ZebraLight headlamp up front.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...aLight-Flood&p=3731785&viewfull=1#post3731785

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

The Nite-Ize headband (~$5) would be another great option for the E11.

I use that headband with the E15 and it works great, the E15 is approximately the same diameter as the E11.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another option is to get a 1xAA tube for your Quark ($20) and the Nitecore headband ($11). It mounts the light on the top-strap of the headband. The XML Quark is bit floodier though and better for headlamp use.