Fenix LD15 XP-G R4 1xAA - review with beamshots

Colorblinded

Enlightened
Interesting about its size. It looks to be quite a bit bigger than I would have expected based off the Quark Mini which is only a few mm taller than my LD01 I think.

Last edited:

tbenedict

Enlightened
Nice review.

With only two modes, I would much prefer it to start in low. One could still get to high real quick and wouldn't be blinded when using it to find your keys (or something).

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, nice review mefistofele86 :wave:. Really nice beam profile and tint on your unit. Count me in as another person that would rather see low-mode first when provided two modes.

MikePit

Banned
Use LD01 more than year with my car keys. I thought LD15 changed it but when I try LD15 I didn't see the real difference, still use the LD01

unclevit

Newly Enlightened
First quick look and i thought it is either nitecore or tank007. I have used tank007 which has similar 'bronze' and it heats up quickly too. Very user's friendly review. Love it :)

mefistofele86

Newly Enlightened
First quick look and i thought it is either nitecore or tank007. I have used tank007 which has similar 'bronze' and it heats up quickly too. Very user's friendly review. Love it :)

Thank you Unclevit :)
I fixed an error: the lamp holder and its threads are made in BRASS, not in bronze as specified in Fenix site. lovecpf

Screwball

Newly Enlightened
Cheers mate I am getting a limited grasp of the technical side:thinking: but the beamshots say it all for me :thumbsup:

U

User3451

I'd have to agree on the lumen rating. I have just tested my LD15 against a 180 lumen OTF light and id put it around 130 lumens mark!
I then tested it against an LD01 Q5 with a fresh eneloop, and it was far brighter, I then did a ceiling bounce test the difference was huge.
I'm not a big fan of twisty lights at all I don't know why I just prefer a clicky but on a light this small I love like it.
I got the fenix as my favourite ITP A3 EOS died after it was dropped a few times and try to fix it!!! Which I was really annoyed with myself about but this little light more than makes up for my upset lol
The very simple 2 mode operation (high low) make this a really user friendly light as you can jump almost immediately with a quick twist! Unlike the new NIGHTCORE that ramps which isn't instant enough for my needs. Not that I'm knocking it, it's a fine light indeed.
Can anyone tell me would it make the circuit board in this light much bigger if you could program it so instead of coming on in high mode and then to low, you could choose your preference as I know some people like low and then high? Lucky for me the high low works just fine.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
mephistofele86 said:
leon2245 said:
vs. high first & smooth reflector in the production model. i'll take the "testing sample" also.
I agree with you, in this light low first and OP reflector are a better choice in fact i love my LD15

Okay mephisto it's been a year- you about ready to let go of that thing? Surely you've moved on to smaller & brighter by now.