Fenix P3D review up at FlashlightReviews.com

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow the P3D has the throw about the kind im looking for..
However i am communicating with a representative of Fenix and she tells me that the warentee states not to use turbo constantly because of heating issues, rather use the other modes. So i guess their purpose for turbo is for short "spotting" or "targetting" i would guess.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
But i was so pumped about the fenix P3D until i got the email from christina about the warentee stating not to over use turbo mode as it voids warentee due to overheating and damage etc. Not sure if this is only with P3D or if it also goes for P2D

Mike abcd

Enlightened
Quickbeam said:
I feel the need to post a clarification. In one part of the review I state that the head IS compatible with other models, and in another I state that it is NOT compatible with other models. For the record, the head does NOT work with any other models due to the higher voltage needed to work the circuitry properly.

Glad you all enjoy the reviews!
Doug P.

The P3D head actually works pretty well with a P2D body and an RCR123 3.7 V LiOn...at least with those that fit. Depending on how well the RCR123 holds voltage under load, turbo mode run time can be short before the annoying regulator oscillation starts but run times on the lower levels should be good.

Thanks for another great review!

Mike

D MacAlpine

Newly Enlightened
It's always nice to have a FLR writeup on a light to compare it against the rest of the field.

One thing I noticed when I received my first 2 Fenix lights recently (L2D CE & P3D) - they have a sticker on the back of the box listing their features, one of these is "Water-resistant (dunkable)".

Where did a Chinese manufacturer get the word "dunkable" from I wonder??? It seems Doug's reviews really do get some attention.