Fenix TK22 ring?

hcd615

Enlightened
I just got my new 650 lumen Fenix TK22 yesterday. If I take off the anti-roll ring the threads are left exposed. Does Fenix make a spacer ring to screw on to protect the threads?

Howard

Verndog

Enlightened
I doubt you will find a ring for this new of a light. You might want to protect it with some silicone nitro tape, self fusing, can cut to width and stretch over the gap. This stuff is very useful, I even repaired a garden hose with it and after 1 year still holding!

http://www.tommytape.com/nitro-tape/nthome

lemurtronic

Newly Enlightened
myfenix.co.uk sell them. Another option would be to get some Sugru and mold your own.

lemurtronic

Newly Enlightened
Those are for the TK10, TK11, TK12, TK15 or TK21 and NOT for the TK22.

Given that the grip rings used on the TK21 and 22 are almost identical, it seems likely that the same smooth ring will fit. I own a TK21 and a 22 and switched the grips over and saw no discernible difference. The threads are the same.

kj2

Flashaholic
Given that the grip rings used on the TK21 and 22 are almost identical, it seems likely that the same smooth ring will fit. I own a TK21 and a 22 and switched the grips over and saw no discernible difference. The threads are the same.

That would be great :)

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
Two things: 1) The old TK15 battery tube is the exact same as the TK22's. You can lego the Grip Rings or the Tailcaps, I have personally done this out of curiosity. 2) I have left the Grip Ring off of my TK15 for as long as I have had it with no ill effects to the threads. The only sign of wear on the threads is where the anodizing has gotten rubbed off. That's it.