Flashlight news from Shot Show '05

Mark2

Enlightened
Flashlight news from Shot Show \'05

If you are attending the Shot Show '05, please post infos about new products you spotted at the show in this thread for the poor CPFers who cannot attend, sitting at home, longing for news! Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

(Pictures are welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Re: Flashlight news from Shot Show \'05

I'm going to unlock this thread. After several cups of coffee, I decided this thread did't need to be locked. My bad!

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Other members will probably have more information. Streamlight is coming out with a LED Scorpion, doesn't look too good IMO (the metal head doesn't match the rubber body too well), the guy also said it will not be sold as an upgrade for the standard Scorpion. Not sure if it is 1 or 3 watt, but it uses a reflector.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Perhaps this thread could be a "recap" or an overview of all the current flashlights, to be produced, and what was "experimental only"

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

The weekend from hell...But that's another story, but I did make it back o.k. Here's a quick rundown:

SUREFIRE:
New Executive Series Outdoorsman in LED, but at reduced power levels.
Aviator will now be offered w/a yellow-green LED color option, for night vision devices.
The G2 now has a lock-out tailcap. THE 9P IS BACK!
Surefire has purchased Earpro and is now in the high-end "tactical" earpiece/earphone business.

STREAMLIGHT
1 watt LED head for Scorpion.
Combo set w/Thunder Ranch Training Facility that will feature a 1 watt TL-2 LED, green tip-up lens cover and a DVD of training tactics feat. Clint Smith.
Denied all reports of an upcoming Stinger LED model.

QUIQLITE
Will now have two LED's in their cool pocket clipable light.

Several new start up companies were there, with rebadged Nuwai lights.

There was a cool E-series sized 3 watt LED light that was impressive in build quality and output. It also may be a Nuwai light, although it didn't have the distinctive Nuwai look to it. See: http://www.essentialgear.com/store.cgi?action=link&sku=LUX3L2T

KNIVES AND TOOLS:
Benchmade has some really nice collaberation pieces done for H&K. Also is starting a line called "NRA" which will be distinctive designs for the NRA. Benchmade also added a few fixed blades and a bad-arse mini-Skirmish.

SPYDERCO: Had a bunch of prototypes, but nothing notable, except for the Spykar: A collaberation between Spyderco and Kershaw knives, with a design by Ken Onion.

LEATHERMAN: had many new tools, most seem to resemble the Charge series, but with different tool combinations.

BUCK KNIVES: Many new mmodels, including a folder with a built-in LED light in the handle. I liked the new Mayo designed piece. Many of the new designs are made in China.

WENGER: Redesigned their SAK handles.

That's off the top 'o my head...so far...

-dan

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the updates. That E-sized 3 watt sure looks like a Nuwai to me- the flat in the handle with the italic white watt number is a dead giveaway.

03lab

Enlightened

Thanks for the report Dan, very interesting indeed. Is the LED Outdoorsman using the regular E head?

EDIT: Any idea if it will work with on the E1E body?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
dano said:
The weekend from hell...But that's another story, but I did make it back o.k. Here's a quick rundown:

SUREFIRE:
New Executive Series Outdoorsman in LED, but at reduced power levels.
Aviator will now be offered w/a yellow-green LED color option, for night vision devices.
The G2 now has a lock-out tailcap. THE 9P IS BACK!

[/ QUOTE ]

SWEET! The G2 only needs a Pyrex lens, and the 9P is a sweet light.. life begins at 100 lumens!

Hope you're OK and recovering from the weekend.