• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FOUND!! Ti hex screws for HDS...

manoloco

Enlightened
Re: WTB: Ti hex screws for HDS

Thanks AWTYD!, i looked at some thread were those were shown and thought they look great for when i choose not to use the clip (actually my U60 is without clip but bought mcmc to have it complete), didnt knew if those were available still, great to know you have some and offered them for free! :twothumbs perfect timing!

also responded you via PM please check it

Last edited:

shinbone

Newly Enlightened
Re: FOUND!! Ti hex screws for HDS...Still looking

For other possible sources try radio control parts and/or bicycle components. Ti is often used as a weight saver for both industries.

manoloco

Enlightened

Just got the filler screws from AWTYD, they fit great, the light looks better of course and there wont be much dirt getting into those little holes.

thanks! :twothumbs

FredericoFreire

Enlightened

Anyone knows the size of the Hex Key that fits onto those 4-40 Lunsford Button Head Screws ?

Dutch

Enlightened

Anyone knows the size of the Hex Key that fits onto those 4-40 Lunsford Button Head Screws ?

1/16"

BUT! I highly recommend NOT using the 18 cent hardware store hex keys for small (precision) hardware. They don't fit most screws well when they get that small.

I run two 1/8th scale nitro buggies so I have had the chance to try just about every micro-tool and gizmo out there.

Get yourself an MIP, HUDY, Integy, or similar *machined* tip hex driver.

I have several machined tip hex drivers and there is plenty of tolerance difference between each of them as it is.

Best bet? Go with the MIP driver and lose your worries. A great $15 investment. The others mentioned have replaceable tips if you are one who is hard on tools.

Thanks!
Dutch

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast

1/16"

BUT! I highly recommend NOT using the 18 cent hardware store hex keys for small (precision) hardware. They don't fit most screws well when they get that small.

I run two 1/8th scale nitro buggies so I have had the chance to try just about every micro-tool and gizmo out there.

Get yourself an MIP, HUDY, Integy, or similar *machined* tip hex driver.

I have several machined tip hex drivers and there is plenty of tolerance difference between each of them as it is.

Best bet? Go with the MIP driver and lose your worries. A great $15 investment. The others mentioned have replaceable tips if you are one who is hard on tools.

Thanks!
Dutch
Word... These hobby grade tools are on the expensive side, but the quality is unsurpassed. Don't want to go hobby grade, you can try Bondhus brand, I use them at work and have never failed me.

FredericoFreire

Enlightened
Thanks everyone for the quick reply and advices.

I'd like to know also what's the best brand of 4-40 tap tool.

Thanks!